BOULDER GRAY Nissan Z Color Pics & Club

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I can’t make up my mind about this colour, in this light I love it, when it looks like flat grey not so much. I’ll stick to the yellow which I like in any light

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The colour changing aspect whist being quite understated is what appeals to me.
Grey is an on trend colour at the moment, hopefully it doesn't date too badly.

Zaiyajin

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Mazda3 5door
It was confirmed by Dan to have some pearl (it is in fact called Boulder Grey Pearl on other cars), so not a totally solid paint.
somebody on a Murano forum took closeup pictures of their 2021 boulder gray model and mentioned in his/her post about the sparkle effect. They were also able to catch some pearlescent/sparkle effect in pictures as well.

So if that's the case on the Z, that sounds like it could be pretty neat after all

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
^ I think all of the new colours are "special" new-fangled paints which look like they slightly change according to the lighting. It's basically the latest fad in car paints.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
That's not the best lighting for the color, not realistic anyway. Most outdoor shots shown here already look awesome under natural sunlight.

But the fact that it made it as a showpiece at Petersen's that's great, wonder how it ended up on display?

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
hc-99d0012vju4ax_a3a9y-_nc_ht-scontent-fhou1-1-jpg.jpg

I wish BG looked this good IRL but I doubt it, photos like this one have been altered for dramatic effect or are just not properly balanced. The slightly too vivid blue of the jeans of the guy standing in front of the car reveal one trick used, blue tones have been oversaturated which makes the car appear a less neutral and more bluish grey. The asphalt looks weird too, overcontrasted.

I've no doubt BG does appear a bit bluish in some lighting conditions, but if you look at photos of BG Rogues and Pathfinders online you'll see much of the time they are completely neutral in tone, more like the car in the Peterson Museum photo in the previous post (although usually darker). Not sure I'd want a car that only looks appealing half the time.

Last edited:

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
hc-99d0012vju4ax_a3a9y-_nc_ht-scontent-fhou1-1-jpg.jpg

I wish BG looked this good IRL but I doubt it, photos like this one have been altered for dramatic effect or are just not properly balanced. The slightly too vivid blue of the jeans of the guy standing in front of the car reveal one trick used, blue tones have been oversaturated which makes the car appear a less neutral and more bluish grey. The asphalt looks weird too, overcontrasted.

I've no doubt BG does appear a bit bluish in some lighting conditions, but if you look at photos of BG Rogues and Pathfinders online you'll see much of the time they are completely neutral in tone, more like the car in the Peterson Museum photo in the previous post (although usually darker). Not sure I'd want a car that only looks appealing half the time.
I've owned this colour before in the Aviator Grey Audi TT Coupe and it is a really fun colour to own. It really does change colours in all kinds of light and takes on different dimensions. I think that is why it has been so difficult to pin down in photos. Also, if the Nissan Rep was correct that BG was one of the first three colours to be in production as we speak then maybe I'll get my car in late June and let you know! I'm going to see the preproduction in a private showing this Tuesday.

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I've owned this colour before in the Aviator Grey Audi TT Coupe and it is a really fun colour to own. It really does change colours in all kinds of light and takes on different dimensions. I think that is why it has been so difficult to pin down in photos. Also, if the Nissan Rep was correct that BG was one of the first three colours to be in production as we speak then maybe I'll get my car in late June and let you know! I'm going to see the preproduction in a private showing this Tuesday.
bmw has a similar color or had and ford i feel like this is close to avalanche grey