2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Nissan won't be able to make enough Z's to meet demand, let alone have such diverse options.

I do agree that the paint charges seem excessive, and shouldn't be related to the supply issues ongoing
How is having the option for a body colored roof a drastically diverse option outside of Nissan's capabilities? They offer it on almost every other one of their cars, not to mention that it's cheaper and easier for them to produce Zs with body colored roof.

If Nissan's process is the same for painting the roof black as it is for the likes of Dodge and Ford, where yhe roof and/or hood is initially body colored, then removed, roughed up, and repainted black, then I would think Nissan would welcome a body colored roof option.
Because if Nissan can only deliver a smattering of Z's due to priorities (Rogues and Pathfinders) during serious supply chain constraints, what do you think your chances, anyone's chances of getting the EXACT Z y'all want is?
I mean have you guys seen the list of all the extra add-ons they're offering? They're offering painted strips, different wheels, different interiors bits and pieces. I think they are definitely capable of doing more customizations for the Z. It's probably more-so that they just don't want to put in the extra effort because the don't foresee the Z selling as many units compared to their other vehicles, which realistically is probably going to be right.

The more customized a car is, the longer it takes for it to come off the production line. The longer the production the more money it costs Nissan. They just don't want to spend any more money than they absolutely have to producing the Z, hence why a large percentage is carry-over from the 370Z.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Black roof, it lowers the profile of the Z and modernizes it. Also contrasts the bright katana. Done! :D

Plus could maybe fool others thinking it's CF from a distance. Done!