Automatic Transmission Details? Double Clutch DCT?

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Hey guys,

I definitely want the manual transmission, but wondering if any of you have more information about the automatic.

I've not been able to find any details.

Is it a dual clutch transmission? I had a Golf R DSG/Dual clutch and it was crazy fast and fun, not as fun as a manual but it was definitely faster than the manual.

Maybe I missed the topic on this in the past, but a quick search did not yield any results.

You all have any insight here the automatic in the Nissan Z?

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
I don’t believe that version is making its way into the Z. The Jatco design is based on the first old converter 9G
thats why i said more or less but for sure i dont know, man u know what someone should message that chris guy that chopped up the z and ask what model is on there

OP
OP
bybepl

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
If it was going to be a DCT , Nissan would be heavily advertising that . Pretty certain its a standard automatic transmission
I think you are likely correct, but can't imagine buying an automatic if true.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
It's a traditional hydraulic 9AT. However, that doesn't mean it's "bad" as there are quite a few good performing hydraulic automatic transmission these days.

And being DCT doesn't automatically mean "good" look at the Focus DCT and first few generations of Hyundai DCT. No bueno

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
It's a traditional hydraulic 9AT. However, that doesn't mean it's "bad" as there are quite a few good performing hydraulic automatic transmission these days.

And being DCT doesn't automatically mean "good" look at the Focus DCT and first few generations of Hyundai DCT. No bueno
So. Is it a dual clutch ??

NJZGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z
Occupation
IT Technical Support
Hey guys,

I definitely want the manual transmission, but wondering if any of you have more information about the automatic.

Is it a dual clutch transmission? I had a Golf R DSG/Dual clutch and it was crazy fast and fun, not as fun as a manual but it was definitely faster than the manual.

Maybe I missed the topic on this in the past, but a quick search did not yield any results.

Hey guys,

No DTC (unfortunately). Strictly a true Auto with a torque converter.

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
man cant believe this is unknown still! i really want to know the speed times. so is this thing launching in spring? XD