Are blow off plate or BOV feasible?

COOL Z

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Never owned a twin turbo. Would this be a redicouous idea? I get A LOT of guff for my torque solutions BOV plate on my Honda civic Si because of the metered air and MAF etc. Everyone has something to say ... But I enjoy it. pppssstttt... Yes. I am THAT guy.... You can flame it ... Thoughts? Would you install one two or none? CZ

Captain Drew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Subaru WRX
I think the press release mentions that the Z will have a recirculating valve on it, so depending on how the ECU is tuned you may hurt performance replacing with a blow off valve. I don't think we will know for sure until we have it since the Inifiniti did not have the recirculating valve. Given that you're running a BOV on a 10th Civic despite the evidence that it hurts the car, I don't think you personally should be affected by this as you just want your BOV noises.

cantzme

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Q50 RS, 16 Altima, 05 350Z, 04 Titan
Occupation
IT Fool
I am definitely interested to see how the recirc is setup on the Z once that info becomes available. Pretty sure if it's accounted for when tuning you can run either configuration. I'm planning to run dual SSQV (yes VTA) when I get tuned because i want to have my rice and eat it too.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Dual on the new Z. People driving family cars, work vans, trucks, etc. on the street that you wouldn't even expect to roll down their window and talk to you about your car have only said positive things to me about the noise from my turbos/Tial Q. Nothing negative ever.

I'm sure the handful of people over the years that spilt their morning joe because of it weren't too thrilled with me though... ?‍♂

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
bov on my supras and fd rx7s sound epic...

curious how the z will sound

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
Bov on the mkv supra is pretty quiet since it’s electronically controlled. Could always add a bov in the charge pipe or put in a higher flowing intake so there’s more extra air to blow off. I assume the 400z will be electronically controlled aswell since that’s state-of-the-art but who knows

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm the guy that slapped a HKS SSVQ on a BMW Z4 - damned if it didn't sound great and get the blood pumping.

The Z's version of the VR30 is actually going to have twin BOVs stock - dunno if that means aftermarket would be a waste of money or not.