Anyone place deposit for 2023 Nissan Z or gotten on waitlist? / Are you able to place an order?

bybepl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman S
Occupation
IT
I also failed to mention that the dealer told me, Nissan won't be accepting orders but will be simply shipping them cars. In other words you would need to purchase what is on that lot for the foreseeable timeframe. I told him, I want a manual and the performance trim. Other than that I don't care much. Like the Blue and the proto spec. As you know they are only making 240 of the proto spec, and max is only one per dealer. The top 240 dealers out of roughly 1,000 in USA will get proto spec cars.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Swung by one of the bigger dealers in South Florida and still a whole lot of nothing to report. Noncommittal on ADM, too, although perhaps the sales person I talked to didn't know what I was asking (they seemed a bit space cadet-y).

Requested to be kept updated, they passed my contact info on, and later got a text saying "last they checked, there were around 20 people" on their list. So, depending on how serious those on the list are, I may need to travel. Gotta imagine having that many people lined up will encourage some bad behavior (bidding wars via ADM, blah blah) so honestly, traveling may be just fine.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Just got a call back from one of the dealers I've contacted in the past, he claimed per his sales manager the car isn't arriving until the "end of the year" however are willing to take a $500 refundable deposit (similar to what's being done w/ the Ariya). I'm skeptical for a variety of reasons—one of them being he called it the 400Z (twice)—and feels like this reinforces the notion that dealers still haven't been told a whole lot of concrete info.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
that's cool I hope you got it in writing at MSRP with no up charges as I did but i only had to put down $100.00 which was in July 2021

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
Just got a call back from one of the dealers I've contacted in the past, he claimed per his sales manager the car isn't arriving until the "end of the year" however are willing to take a $500 refundable deposit (similar to what's being done w/ the Ariya). I'm skeptical for a variety of reasons—one of them being he called it the 400Z (twice)—and feels like this reinforces the notion that dealers still haven't been told a whole lot of concrete info.
Which dealer in Fla ?

Stella

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 sti, 21 mach 1, 22 supra
So, been following everything closely and in the past 3 days have contacted 90% of all nissan dealers in Texas. A grand total of ONE, which is in the bad part of Houston, offered to let me make a $2000 deposit. When I asked what kind of paperwork I would get and how legit it would be, they stopped responding, this was through Facebook messaging on their official account btw lol.

2 dealers put me on an "interested" list and said they'd call me back.

About half the dealerships were unsure of what car I was talking about, but they all wanted me to come in and look at their inventory of current cars to find something that fits me.

More than one sales manager(who actually knew what I was talking about and understood I was trying to get an allocation) I talked to told me any texas dealer who is willing to take a deposit right now is shady and do it at my own risk.

So yeah, pretty disappointed, happy to pay now and be on a list anywhere in the country at point.

ₚₗₑₐₛₑ ₕᵢₜ ₘₑ ᵤₚ ᵢ? ᵧₒᵤ ₕₐᵥₑ ₐₙᵧ ₗₑₐ?ₛ >.>

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
IMHO, a legit deposit has the following three things written down on paper.
1. Deposit amount
2. price you will pay (e.g. MSRP + $??)
3. signed by the GM
Otherwise, why would you give $$$ to a random salesperson who might be long gone when new Z arrives?
Your money might be gone with him/her.

At this point, very few Nissan dealers will do that.
My local dealer told me, without a firm release date/pricing from Nissan, they do not take deposit.
They just add my name/number to the waitlist.

Watch out if someone wants your deposit w/o proper assurance.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Anyone hoping to pay MSRP for one of the first new Zs is in for a rude awakening. I can tell you right now in this market 90%+ of new Zs will be $5-10k above MSRP if not more. It's foolish to put any money down for a deposit. Unless you have some signed document from sales manager here's what will happen if you put a "deposit" down:
1. The first Zs will arrive at the dealership
2. They'll mark them up
3. They'll call whoever is on their "deposit list" one by one saying the cars arrived and this is the price
4. Hit with smack to the face when you hear they're selling it for $10k over MSRP
5. Some other sucker with a bigger bank account than you takes the car

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
More than one sales manager(who actually knew what I was talking about and understood I was trying to get an allocation) I talked to told me any texas dealer who is willing to take a deposit right now is shady and do it at my own risk.
These are the people you will want to be contacting later when the dealers know more.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Anyone hoping to pay MSRP for one of the first new Zs is in for a rude awakening. I can tell you right now in this market 90%+ of new Zs will be $5-10k above MSRP if not more. It's foolish to put any money down for a deposit. Unless you have some signed document from sales manager here's what will happen if you put a "deposit" down:
1. The first Zs will arrive at the dealership
2. They'll mark them up
3. They'll call whoever is on their "deposit list" one by one saying the cars arrived and this is the price
4. Hit with smack to the face when you hear they're selling it for $10k over MSRP
5. Some other sucker with a bigger bank account than you takes the car
Agree.
Dealers are not in charity business.
Unless Nissan imposes new rules, early buyers will likely have to pay ADM.

I am in the market to get a 2022 CX5 for my wife.
$3k-5k ADM on them at dealers near me.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Agree.
Dealers are not in charity business.
Unless Nissan imposes new rules, early buyers will likely have to pay...
Nissan does not "impose rules" on dealerships. Without the stores, they'd sell nothing.

Anyone who trusts any dealer when it comes to speculation is a damn fool.