First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Nissan 180SX
Occupation
Videographer / AMS Performance
Hey, this is Michael from the video! Thanks for sharing. We are very excited to get our hands on a Z and start tinkering with it. But agreed, we cover many great topics here. Let me know if there are any more questions I can answer!

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Hey, this is Michael from the video! Thanks for sharing. We are very excited to get our hands on a Z and start tinkering with it. But agreed, we cover many great topics here. Let me know if there are any more questions I can answer!
@AMS_Vinetii thanks for jumping on Michael. always good to have some aftermarket reps on the site.

maybe we can get you guys back out at ZdayZ this coming May. i remember when AMS completed the red alpha and brought it to the event. i got to spend some time picking Dan's brain that event on VR30 and GTR questions.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
How soon will performance parts be available?

TIA

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Shit, I remember back in 2007-2008 we were flying you guys out to Hawaii to tune our Evos. I'm definitely gonna be hitting you up once I get my Z.

AMS_Vinetii

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Nissan 180SX
Occupation
Been busy everyone but I will answer what questions I can here!

@AMS_Vinetii thanks for jumping on Michael. always good to have some aftermarket reps on the site.

maybe we can get you guys back out at ZdayZ this coming May. i remember when AMS completed the red alpha and brought it to the event. i got to spend some time picking Dan's brain that event on VR30 and GTR questions.
Zday could be a possibility! A little far out to know for sure at this moment sadly.

How soon will performance parts be available?

TIA
There will be some parts that may fit right up with the engine right away but it's hard to tell without a car here in house to test. Mounting points and locations of many things may be slightly different like intakes, heat exchangers, etc. The good thing is that many parts may only need minimal modifications to get ready for production. Some parts will be coming quickly!

great video
are you guys gonna get a shop car?
if so, what trim and trans?
thanks guys
We are hoping to get a couple. I am unsure what trans options but my personal guess will be one auto and one manual so we can test and learn the limitations of both options. Also, after we recorded this video they released a rendered photo of the motor and trans. After looking up pictures of the CD009, it seems it may be a version of that transmission!

Shit, I remember back in 2007-2008 we were flying you guys out to Hawaii to tune our Evos. I'm definitely gonna be hitting you up once I get my Z.
Can we do that again? :D
Let us know when your ready! This platform will be moving quickly!

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
Been busy everyone but I will answer what questions I can here!

Zday could be a possibility! A little far out to know for sure at this moment sadly.
whenever it get closer we can talk and i can help get you in contact with the event coordinators.

AMS_Vinetii

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Nissan 180SX
Occupation
Thanks so much for joining (and responding), @AMS_Vinetii ! Can't wait to see what y'all can accomplish.
Yeah, we are very excited to get a car here! Before we tear them down to a shell, I plan to make a review/walkaround video and will make update videos when we can. Make sure to sub to the channel if you guys haven't! We do weekly vlogs at the shop now.

whenever it get closer we can talk and i can help get you in contact with the event coordinators.
Awesome! That would be great!

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
AMS , can you address the turbo gate rattle that is common on the Twin turbos ? do you have a kit for repair

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
Michael, there's a thread discussing Youtuber Johnny B's video describing two official displacement numbers listed for the VR30DDTT. Since your staff builds them in house, what do you think accounts for the 45cc difference?

2018 Q60 2997cc.JPG

3042cc VR30DDTT.JPG

AMS_Vinetii

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Nissan 180SX
Occupation
Michael, there's a thread discussing Youtuber Johnny B's video describing two official displacement numbers listed for the VR30DDTT. Since your staff builds them in house, what do you think accounts for the 45cc difference?

2018 Q60 2997cc.JPG

3042cc VR30DDTT.JPG
I will share this with the guys on the team. My thoughts are that we will be unsure until we have a VR30 out of a Z, so we can look at it and see what changes they made. Interesting find though!