First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Just got my car dyno tuned from AMS and am very impressed with the performance gains. However, there were a few drawbacks. My car is a 6spd Manuel and was hoping I could use the no lift shift feature as well as launch control. For us Manuel drivers it’s key to avoid turbo lag. Is anyone familiar with the Ecu Tek features/capabilities? Would love to make the best out of the tune to kick off summer. Here is a dyno sheet displaying the different maps/power gains that were made.

IMG_1729.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Just got my car dyno tuned from AMS and am very impressed with the performance gains. However, there were a few drawbacks. My car is a 6spd Manuel and was hoping I could use the no lift shift feature as well as launch control. For us Manuel drivers it’s key to avoid turbo lag. Is anyone familiar with the Ecu Tek features/capabilities? Would love to make the best out of the tune to kick off summer. Here is a dyno sheet displaying the different maps/power gains that were made.

IMG_1729.jpeg

IMG_1730.jpeg
With just those bolt ons, Id be pretty damn happy with those numbers. I bet the car feels incredible! 506 torque is no joke

OP
OP
Todd marks

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
It’s definitely a lot of fun, wouldn’t recommend going beyond the modifications that I currently have. Unless you’re looking to hit the drag strip. I have yet to test out first gear, too much power for the rear wheels even with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s in 80 degree weather.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Why does it say peak boost is 21psi, but Map1 is 22psi?
And is that Map1 and Map2 on the same dyno sheet? It would be strange if it is - only 2whp for +2psi boost...

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
If you feel comfortable sharing, how much did all the mods and tune cost total? (I could probably just search online and find out, but I'm too lazy atm)

OP
OP
Todd marks

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Too much, around 7/8 K.

[QUOTE
="Andaesthetics, post: 59211, member: 1143"]
If you feel comfortable sharing, how much did all the mods and tune cost total? (I could probably just search online and find out, but I'm too lazy atm)
[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Todd marks

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Good question I’ll have to call to find out, I did notice more boost in 3rd gear and up vs 1st and 2nd gear. Still very impressed with the work AMS did for me not only does the car perform much better but it’s also much more responsive. Only downside is the turbo lag.

Why does it say peak boost is 21psi, but Map1 is 22psi?
And is that Map1 and Map2 on the same dyno sheet? It would be strange if it is - only 2whp for +2psi boost...

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
Too much, around 7/8 K.
Holy sh*t, really? I did a search online anyway and I came out to just over $4k. Add dyno tuning time and shipping/install fees if bolt-ons are done by a shop and I figure $4500 max?

Cat back exhaust - $1440-$1990 depending on options
Intakes - $700
Lower downpipes - $430
Tune - $1500 (including dyno time)

Unless I'm missing something?

OP
OP
Todd marks

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Stance XR1 Coilovers- Alingment
m
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s- Alingment
Tints

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
After getting my Z, i will say its pretty quick and Ive been babying it until my break in period. I say this because Todd your car must absolutely fucking rip lol. Like I cant imagine how fast that thing is. Do you find it scary or am i being dramatic?

OP
OP
Todd marks

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Personal Training
Feels perfect man, especially now that the warm weathers here in Chicago. Tires are finally hooking. Just wish there was something to assist the turbo lag when going through the gears.