A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I was hopeful back in August when I read this.

Info started looking worse and worse leading up to the reveal. Should've known better...
You and me both. Subaru/Toyota brought back the GR86 and listened to the fanbase about revisions, Nissan with the Z...our hope wasn't misplaced, we had some promising case studies to justifiably get us excited. Acura just let us down.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Well that was a letdown. I mean I didn't expect much but damn lol. Thank goodness for the Z and GR86/BRZ....the standouts of the year so far in my opinion.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Acura always manages to disappoint.
I was waiting for the TLX-TypeS. Hoped for 400hp, but got a 355hp overweight car.
Now, Integra. 200hp for $30k, or 400hp for $40k (the Z).
Tough choice, right?

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Introducing, the new 4dr Acura Integra, our most sporty "4dr gran coupe" available in our fleet!!
-Acura Rep

JK... It's basically a revived (and to be improved) 1st gen TSX?!?

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
I've had a few Integra's in the past, can't believe this is what Acura built using the nameplate. Let the Integra R.I.P and give this another name or go back to the drawing board and restart this project....I'm glad Nissan didn't pull a move like this with the Z.

These manufacturers need to learn that we don't want a poser car with a historic nameplate.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
There was a point in time 20 years ago when I had an Acura RSX, my dad had an Acura Integra, and my mom had a Honda Civic all at the same time. WTF happened to Honda? Underpowered and generic are their core principles these days.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
In the 90's I owned a 1997 Integra LS 3 door 5MT, a 1987 200SX V6 and a 1988 300ZX 5MT coupe, all at the same time.

Back then, something like a Prelude or Integra wasn't viewed as basic transportation, they were low-end aspirational vehicles. They held their own, and felt special. We all knew an Integra was based on a Civic, but you couldn't sense or see it, the Integra didn't even have passing resemblance to a Civic. Even the engines were way different. Really, all we knew is that parts could be swapped to make a Civic better.
And the Prelude was in a total league of it's own.

Now the new Integra is obviously a Civic, and is using the same engine. And I feel like the body style is a bit dowdy.

I could probably improve my sentiment if there's a 2.0T version with the DCT....