rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
^
though his design is a bit off on the front end for my tastes, if this is what acura would have brought to the reveal, there would have been a far more positive response.

instead they cheapped out like toyota and slapped their 2nd most legendary name plate on something for a big money grab...

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 mazda rx7, 2005 subaru legacy gt
Occupation
Nissan machinist
if nothing else , the disappointment with this iteration might drive values up on the old ones. it got me remembering my old one and got me looking at buying one up again. if that is the same with other people, then demand will go up on em.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
if nothing else , the disappointment with this iteration might drive values up on the old ones. it got me remembering my old one and got me looking at buying one up again. if that is the same with other people, then demand will go up on em.
yup...

i'm helping my nephew find/buy a car and it's crazy how much all japanese classics have gone up.

even cars that were always cheaper like the eclipse, 240s, rx8 and 350z are skyrocketing...and there aren't a ton for sale anymore!

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

LC1

First Name
Ogan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 mazda rx7, 2005 subaru legacy gt
Occupation
Nissan machinist
Remember "Cash-For-Clunkers"??

Decimated the used car market for 80's and 90's cars
yup your absolutely correct. Lots of older cars that were previously seen as worth about as much as a used pencil were crushed.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Why couldn't it have looked like this?

this-honda-integra-t-10_1600x0w.jpg
Because Honda became soulless when Takanobu Ito became CEO.

https://autoc-one.jp/special/1416135/
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41125

R4: When I became CEO, there were a V8 RWD platform, and a V10 NSX on its last development phase. All of them wonderful cars. So when we decided to cancel all those programs one by one, the reaction of the R&D department was very violent, they were really angry, enough to say to me: "Don't dare show up here in the labs!". Yet people's needs in different countries and regions are different. So what we should pursue is "developing cars that will be loved by the different people in different places". That's what the Lehmann shock taught us.