A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
Looks like a poorly reskinned 11G Civic, as expected. ?

My first car was a gsr so I’m a little sweet on the integra... this new thing is looking as bad as the new wrx.
Same! The 2nd Gen Integra is one of my all time favorite cars. I've owned the same one for twenty years and recently acquired another, much cleaner GS-R. I get what Honda/Acura is trying to do here but I feel like they really missed the mark. This is definitely not shaping up to be the spiritual successor to the older models. This feels more like a nostalgia rename of the ILX.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
I like the ad, but I hope it looks better than the camo Accord looking car recently spied.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
My dad owned an Integra when I was in high school and my first and only new car was an Acura RSX, the successor. I really loved that car. Sadly it really looks like this new one will be a big disappointment.

I know the Civic has a big fan base and I actually like the restyled front fascia of the NSX but I really lost a lot of interest in Honda over the years. They've changed a lot since the 90's and early 2000's.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
My dad owned an Integra when I was in high school and my first and only new car was an Acura RSX, the successor. I really loved that car. Sadly it really looks like this new one will be a big disappointment.

I know the Civic has a big fan base and I actually like the restyled front fascia of the NSX but I really lost a lot of interest in Honda over the years. They've changed a lot since the 90's and early 2000's.
I don't wanna say this is a hot take, let's call it a mild one - would be something if Honda saw what's happening with the BRZ86, Nissan with the Z, Mazda with what surely will be an improved Miata (ND3? NE?) and/or whatever they're considering cooking up with the rotary (RX-9?) and brought back the S2000. That car was seriously special.

Appetite for rowing gears and RWD is still plentiful, and alongside whatever the Teggy turns out to be, could be quite a way to send off ICE before they inevitably go EV.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
I owned a '91 Integra GS for 7 yrs.
Good handling (thanks to dual wishbone suspensions at all corners), noisy, not really luxurious, and quite under-powered at 12x hp (1.8L DOHC)
I actually thought it dragged down image of Acura at that time.
Lexus did not go that low position in market. (ES being the cheapest one with V6).
Anyway, great car. Not a light bulb went out during my 7 yrs of ownership.

Eric48

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'19 Civic Type-R
I don't wanna say this is a hot take, let's call it a mild one - would be something if Honda saw what's happening with the BRZ86, Nissan with the Z, Mazda with what surely will be an improved Miata (ND3? NE?) and/or whatever they're considering cooking up with the rotary (RX-9?) and brought back the S2000. That car was seriously special.

Appetite for rowing gears and RWD is still plentiful, and alongside whatever the Teggy turns out to be, could be quite a way to send off ICE before they inevitably go EV.
I agree, and I have faith we'll see a s2000 successor in the future, but I'm pretty sure it will be after the shift to electric. One of the big reasons I'm looking at the Z is because there's no comparable Honda anymore. I love my R but I really want something with 2 seats and RWD.