A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

splatrd

Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro SS, Mustang Ecoboost
4 door coupe teaser.

By definition "Coupe" is a 2 door. I hate how manufacturers are selling "Gran Coupes" which are 4 door sedans. I don't have kids and have no need for more than 2 doors and my choices are quickly dwindling. Hopefully Acura will bring back the sport compact coupe of the 90's. I had a 1991 Integra GS and would love for a modern version with the Civic Type R drive train. Main thing that prevented me from considering the Type R Civic was the sedan only body style. Unfortunately, 2 door people are few and far between now. Plus Honda completely eliminated all 2 doors from their lineup. So it is very likely the sedan will be all that is offered. Hopefully the Z won't disappoint.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Reaction score
Car(s)
73 240Z RB26DETT; Xterra Off Road; N54 E60 535i
Occupation
Software security
Let’s face it, any new design with 2 doors just won’t capture the current market for sales. Just look at the crew cabs outselling other variants in pickup trucks.

SS727Z

Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Someone on the civic forum posted this.. assumption is it’s based on the civic hatch and the teaser is a weird perspective making it look like a merc CLA rather than a hatchback.

396C52A1-B8FD-4283-AFA8-E91719C889E6.jpeg

therumblewagon

Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5
Someone on the civic forum posted this.. assumption is it’s based on the civic hatch and the teaser is a weird perspective making it look like a merc CLA rather than a hatchback.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

What is even the point?! How will it even be any different than the ILX/TLX?! What a waste of materials.

SS727Z

Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I just threw up in my mouth a little.

What is even the point?! How will it even be any different than the ILX/TLX?! What a waste of materials.
I guess basically a hatchback ilx.. maybe with sportier powertrain options? I think the main point of it will be Si and Type R buyers that can’t drive stick Lolol

ZDreamer

Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru

I bet the Type-S perform better (minimal-to-none understeer, like the Type-R) than the FWD CLA

Houston.Z35

Reaction score
Car(s)
Q50S RS 400
That looks more like 4 door sedan than a compact coupe. :(
You called it!

It's going to be a badge engineered CIvic Hatchback with Acura design and features....damned shame for the Honda Fans, They really coulda had something special here.

Last edited: