A Legend Returns: New Acura Integra Coming for a New Generation

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I suppose it will be built out of the new Civic platform, which weighs at least 2877 pounds.

Big question, will it come back as a 2 door liftback?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
It's only for apparel so far, but Honda trademarked Integra Type S on 8/20/21. Should see a trademark for vehicles other than the one for just Integra on 8/12 in the coming months.

1630039053378.png

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Well, Acura did screw up the TLX Type-S. At least where performance is concerned.

And I doubt Acura would allow the Integra to outperform the TLX Type-S.

I'm sure it'll be a nice FWD car, but does anyone care at that point?

As an aside, if Acura drops the 3.0T V6 with AWD into the Integra, I'd be impressed.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
Playing devil's advocate, just because we are seeing a sedan test mule doesn't mean there isn't a coupe mule testing somewhere out there.

Z_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
s2000, Xterra Pro-4x
If the powertrain and drivetrain come from the civic type R, I can see them making the Integra the coupe Type R version and leaving the civic type R as the sedan version. Either way, excited to see what comes out of this project.

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
With all the positive reaction from the Z maybe the Integra will be received better by offering an coupe?

MARLEY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie
Occupation
US Coast Guard
With all the positive reaction from the Z maybe the Integra will be received better by offering an coupe?
Positive reception won't necessarily translate to actual sales. Same reason it took so long to get an RS6 here, which is basically on a trial run. Everyone loves the powerful wagon and begs Audi to bring it, but the past told them few people actually buy them.

What people really want is boring SUVs and crossovers. Marketing is pretty much the only reason cars like the Z exist.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Positive reception won't necessarily translate to actual sales. Same reason it took so long to get an RS6 here, which is basically on a trial run. Everyone loves the powerful wagon and begs Audi to bring it, but the past told them few people actually buy them.

What people really want is boring SUVs and crossovers. Marketing is pretty much the only reason cars like the Z exist.
Attrition is why the Z can exist.
Sitting in a 2 door 2 seater is a special experience, and there's not much competition for that, and a CUV or SUV isn't going to distract the relatively small pool of buyers who are hell bent on having an impractical sporty coupe.

These sedans though.... especially in rehashed form with ICE drivetrains won't pull in many buyers because the lure of EV or CUV/SUV is strong.

I loved my Acura Vigor, Legend and Integras I had over the years, but if I'm going to aspire to relive my 90's car memories, I'm getting the Z