therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I called my dealership here in Toronto. They are taking pre orders from January 26-February 1st for all customers. I tried for proto but they said they can’t take pre orders for that model. You can pre order for sport and performance only. I’m going tomorrow for put a deposit down. I think this 1 week is for the first batch of cars.
I asked for accessories info but there was no info at this time. But so hype for this!
I am equal parts envious and excited for y'all, our neighbors to the north.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I called my dealership here in Toronto. They are taking pre orders from January 26-February 1st for all customers. I tried for proto but they said they can’t take pre orders for that model. You can pre order for sport and performance only. I’m going tomorrow for put a deposit down. I think this 1 week is for the first batch of cars.
I asked for accessories info but there was no info at this time. But so hype for this!
Did they mention anything about mark ups?

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
I was told markups on cars are illegal in Canada.
I think when the Supra was coming out there was talk about how the lack of markups on it were due to an agreement that the dealers (or by extension Toyota Canada) had with Toyota that said no markups are allowed, rather than it being illegal.

So it might just be manufacturer &/or province specific.

Last edited:
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Z on order
Occupation
Machinist
I think when the Supra was coming out there was talk about how the lack of markups on it were due to an agreement that the dealers (or by extension Toyota Canada) had with Toyota that said no markups are allowed, rather than it being illegal.

So it might just be manufacturer &/or province specific.
Also Canadian, it's illegal for new car orders.

A car the dealer orders for the lot? Fair game, but if a customer is ordering then yes, marking up a new purchase is illegal.

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
Brilliant Silver and Rosewood Metallic are absent.
I just saw this on my Facebook feed. Brant Scott, a Nissan Field Rep from Houston said "Rosewood Metallic [will be] offered".

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Are they telling you you'll have to take whatever color they get shipped?

Z34_2.0

First Name
Homer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
where did you get this info from?
A number of people are saying that a dealer in Canada was emailing the PDF order guide to potential buyers. Whether they were allowed to do so is a different story. Maybe @Dan_Passe would know?

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
In Miami: picked up my 370 after getting parts replaced and quickly stopped by sales dept:
  • Was told probably March would be the time to come back & put a deposit down
  • They are still receiving inventory from Dec so there will most likely be a delay with new Z deliveries
  • Asked if I was interested in placing an order when it's released which I thought was interesting. Interpreted that to mean I could request color, trim, etc in a custom order instead of just what's on the lot.
  • Asked about markups & the rep shook his head "We're going to be fair. Plus there's trade-ins and different things we can do. We'll work with you."

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
A number of people are saying that a dealer in Canada was emailing the PDF order guide to potential buyers. Whether they were allowed to do so is a different story. Maybe @Dan_Passe would know?
Welll it’s all over the net now, so don’t think it really matters
This is what I don’t get about Nissan Aus, there are dealers here with 10plus orders, yet i would imagine like Canada each dealership would get one or two…and yes the orders have gone through Nissan Aus…not just a dealer. Also like Canada mark ups illegal
I put my deposit down in March last year, second on my dealers list ….first for a manual. I’d really like some solid info like price and release date ….it’s just dragging out for so long now

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
In Miami: picked up my 370 after getting parts replaced and quickly stopped by sales dept:
  • Was told probably March would be the time to come back & put a deposit down
  • They are still receiving inventory from Dec so there will most likely be a delay with new Z deliveries
  • Asked if I was interested in placing an order when it's released which I thought was interesting. Interpreted that to mean I could request color, trim, etc in a custom order instead of just what's on the lot.
  • Asked about markups & the rep shook his head "We're going to be fair. Plus there's trade-ins and different things we can do. We'll work with you."
Which dealership?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Just noticed that the Gun Metallic has a different paint pricing code (P10) than all the others (P40) (except the Black Diamond code, which is MIA). So it's likely there will be an identical upcharge for all the two-tone paint jobs.
Yep I bet that P10 means a lower price point since not two-tone.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
That’s a short window for ‘pre-orders’ on allocations, really interested in what you end up with, esp if this is a large dealer getting a few choices.