TheGuverment

For profit. Strictly business.
First Name
Strickland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX hatchback
I still don’t understand why this is an issue. People are just going to be changing it out and modifying the car anyway. Stock exhaust are always restrictive and quiet unless you’re looking at something higher end. They still get changed out regardless of how good it is stock.

Raven1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 350z HR Motor
Occupation
503rd Lead Farmer
I Know I Will Be For Better Sounding Free Flowing Exhuast - Mostly For The Deeper More Aggressive Note.

Same For The Sound System, These 2 Are The 1st Things Upgraded For Me . . .

BeatsFast.png

Bass%20Down%20Low.gif

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I still don’t understand why this is an issue. People are just going to be changing it out and modifying the car anyway. Stock exhaust are always restrictive and quiet unless you’re looking at something higher end. They still get changed out regardless of how good it is stock.
Not true, in one case my Mustang GT PP2 has very sweet adaptive exhaust, Normal, Sport, Track, even programmable Quiet mode for morning starts. This is OEM, love it! Huge difference between settings, sound wise.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Because you're paying for a "sport muffler" in the performance package and this is what you get, a vacuum cleaner emulator.

Nissan is taking people for their money. People already pointed out the Mustang, but go listen to a Camaro SS or SS 1LE with their "sport" exhaust that's included in the 1LE, but optional on the SS.

Nissan should be embarrassed of themselves charging $10k for that trim package.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Because you're paying for a "sport muffler" in the performance package and this is what you get, a vacuum cleaner emulator.
Does the Performance trim actually have a different muffler or just the added speaker emulation?

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Does the Performance trim actually have a different muffler or just the added speaker emulation?
Well the sport trim sounds different than the performance trim both being manuals, and I'm pretty sure it stated there would be a "sport muffler" in the performance trim. Something that you're supposed to be paying for in that package. If it's the same, well, that's equally as bad or worse value depending how you look at it.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Auto Perf gets 'sport' exhaust which is just smaller muffler

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Auto Perf gets 'sport' exhaust which is just smaller muffler
Are you suggesting that the Sport trim in either transmission has the same muffler as the manual Performance trim?

70D59F35-DA5D-46C6-AA44-3F66EFA21293.jpeg

Auto vs manual (Performance trim)

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Are you suggesting the Performance trim in manual gets the same muffler as the Sport trim in either transmission?

70D59F35-DA5D-46C6-AA44-3F66EFA21293.jpeg

Auto vs manual (Performance trim)
Yes sir. As far as the information goes from every picture, review etc that asked about the exhaust sounds, points to that conclusion. Something to do with noise levels in MT?

Might affect those MT individuals more who want to keep the exhaust stock but want a slightly more aggressive sound without going aftermarket.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Something to do with noise levels in MT?
Just to add to the confusion, check out the pre production Proto MT that we received here in Australia. Has the muffler from the Sport AND the resonators from the Performance AT.

59B534F2-B2C9-4DF4-88C5-70D89511A12E.jpeg

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just to add to the confusion, check out the pre production Proto MT that we received here in Australia. Has the muffler from the Sport AND the resonators from the Performance AT.

59B534F2-B2C9-4DF4-88C5-70D89511A12E.jpeg
FFS ….I mean are they even producing cars for AU….looks like they just put bits and bobs together to get a car here for the media …even if it’s not the car we are getting.

I’m so close to giving up its not funny

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
^ it‘s an odd one. Our exhaust dB levels are no stricter than many US states.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

JAKESZ

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance 6MT, XC40, Rogue
Occupation
Web Dev
Well the adaptive exhaust is tied to the drive mode in the automatic. The manuals don't have different drive modes. I suppose they could have just made it its own switch for just the exhaust note like a Cayman though.