Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
The 2023 Nissan Z debuted at the 2021 Miami Auto show this weekend with Nissan displaying the latest iteration with several other previous-generation Nissan Zs.

The show runs until October 24th and there's visual confirmation that the new Z will be on the floor at the Miami Convention Center during the Auto Show!

nissan-z-miami-auto-show-2-jpg.3316.jpeg

nissan-z-miami-auto-show-1-jpg.3311.jpeg

nissan-z-miami-auto-show-3-jpg.3313.jpeg

243580493_279474227369406_8264418607158252873_n-jpg.3321.jpeg

245687563_1617069708463667_7230541665276254263_n-jpg.3322.jpeg

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Alright, I'm gonna swing by either tonight or Wednesday - depending on how aggressive work is today.

Anyway, I'm happy to be an extension of folks here on the forum that haven't had a chance to see the car in person yet, so let me know if there's anything you want me to try to poke around for/ask/take a picture of/whatever. Not sure who from Nissan will be there, but can go in with a list and see what I can find out.

@trackratZ I know you and a few others—myself included—have been really curious about chassis/suspension, so I'm gonna try to capture some undercarriage photos.

@West Aussie I know you're bullish on the yellow, so I'll do what I can to get a few more photos of it if that's helpful? Realize we've seen it at a million different angles, but maybe I can try to get up close and personal with the paint. I have an iPhone 13 Pro, so gonna put the camera to work.

The wild card for me is sitting inside of it - I'm doubtful they'll let me, but I'm gonna try to butter up whoever is there and play the angle that I'm Andre the Giant reborn (6'6"), it's a dream car, and I want to ensure I fit in it. Worth a shot, right?

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Alright, I'm gonna swing by either tonight or Wednesday - depending on how aggressive work is today.

Anyway, I'm happy to be an extension of folks here on the forum that haven't had a chance to see the car in person yet, so let me know if there's anything you want me to try to poke around for/ask/take a picture of/whatever. Not sure who from Nissan will be there, but can go in with a list and see what I can find out.

@trackratZ I know you and a few others—myself included—have been really curious about chassis/suspension, so I'm gonna try to capture some undercarriage photos.
Yes!! See if you can spot any different mounting points, camber/caster adjustments, shock/spring specs labels, any composites used, etc. Really apprec that.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
It would be useful if you could post/re-post a photo or two that you feel is the closest match to the color(s) as you see them IRL.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Y'all got it. Let's see what I can do. Will check the forum a few more times before heading over, too, so keep 'em coming!

With regards to the colors, definitely. Since the blue appears to be out west, I think it's just the Proto spec here—which, if memory serves me correctly, people have been having a hard time gauging how yellow it is. So, when trying to brainstorm ways to benchmark it, I had the wild idea of taking a few tubes of chapstick my partner and I had laying around the house—one tube of Burts Bees which is a more golden yellow, and then a tube of Carmex which is like, YELLOW yellow—and holding them up against the car while snapping a few photos.

I'm a visual person, so hoping this'll be helpful for others.

EDIT: was going to post a photo of the tubes, but it's coming through as an aggressively large photo of them + my hand so I'll spare everyone that lol.

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
Y'all got it. Let's see what I can do. Will check the forum a few more times before heading over, too, so keep 'em coming!

With regards to the colors, definitely. Since the blue appears to be out west, I think it's just the Proto spec here—which, if memory serves me correctly, people have been having a hard time gauging how yellow it is. So, when trying to brainstorm ways to benchmark it, I had the wild idea of taking a few tubes of chapstick my partner and I had laying around the house—one tube of Burts Bees which is a more golden yellow, and then a tube of Carmex which is like, YELLOW yellow—and holding them up against the car while snapping a few photos.

I'm a visual person, so hoping this'll be helpful for others.

EDIT: was going to post a photo of the tubes, but it's coming through as an aggressively large photo of them + my hand so I'll spare everyone that lol.
Thx so much

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2

The wild card for me is sitting inside of it - I'm doubtful they'll let me, but I'm gonna try to butter up whoever is there and play the angle that I'm Andre the Giant reborn (6'6"), it's a dream car, and I want to ensure I fit in it. Worth a shot, right?
Way back when the original BRZ was coming out, I wanted to check fit and also measure the cargo area to see if it could take a bicycle, etc. (it does nicely, btw). It was a similar situation - roped off car at 'local' show, but obviously had been open to media folks. I was told no access, with the justification being 'if I let you, then ...', which was actually understandable. So, I offered to come back right at closing time when nobody would see, and even if they did the staffers could just book it out :) It actually worked and I got a few minutes to check out what I wanted :cool: Might be worth a shot if you can swing the time.