z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Also went to see the new Z at the Miami Auto Show today. They had the yellow one on display. Snapped a few pics (nothing ground-breaking since there was a barrier).

It really looks great in-person. Very sleek and angular, long and low to the ground. The design really does come together when you see it, the elements fit together well and it's well proportioned.

Not much new info but here's what the rep said:
  • Nissan hasn't committed to a Nismo version yet or at least nothing official
  • Nothing on pricing other than "starting at around $40K"
  • Final pricing is usually a month or 2 before the vehicle goes on sale so most likely Jan or Feb of next year (ballpark)
  • Asked about changes to the suspension but no real specifics, just what is already known from the press release specs sheet
  • No info on the next GTR even though everyone keeps asking about it

20211018_161355.jpg

20211018_161401.jpg

20211018_161413.jpg

20211018_161428.jpg

20211018_161431.jpg

20211018_161616.jpg

20211018_161631.jpg

20211018_173906.jpg

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Ok, Imgur album is here (it's driving me mad there's a typo in the Imgur title, I've edited it but it won't reflect on here - oh well) -

Some choice photos that I know folks have been waiting for are below. Other things I'm noticing as I look through the photos:
  • The slight concavity of the steering wheel is a nice touch. Looked nice and beefy too, bet it feels great in the hands
  • The interior really does look good. I looked at other comparable models that were on display (strictly speaking 2 door + RWD, so the Mustang GT, BRZ) and I think it's much more refined. It's really apparent they tried to modernize/minimize a lot through the dashboard/infotainment and it paid off. Looks very driver-centric. It will RULE if the HUD actually happens
  • The seats have some nice depth to them, and the rep I was chatting w/ adjusted them quite a bit after I asked if it was back all the way (played with the rails and the two knobs) and it's got a lot of customization capes so I think we'll be able to find that perfect fitment.

Best angles I could get with regards to undercarriage/suspension, etc. Literally laid my phone down and pressed the button several times to try and capture as many shots/angles as I could (more are in the album)

IMG_0237.png

IMG_0234.png

You can kind of see the suspension through the rear wheel in this photo

IMG_0206.png

The color - the Carmex on the right is YELLOW, and you can really see the shade on the car is more pastel in nature

IMG_0209.png

No spare tire - weight savings!

IMG_0200.png

Last edited:

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Way back when the original BRZ was coming out, I wanted to check fit and also measure the cargo area to see if it could take a bicycle, etc. (it does nicely, btw). It was a similar situation - roped off car at 'local' show, but obviously had been open to media folks. I was told no access, with the justification being 'if I let you, then ...', which was actually understandable. So, I offered to come back right at closing time when nobody would see, and even if they did the staffers could just book it out :) It actually worked and I got a few minutes to check out what I wanted :cool: Might be worth a shot if you can swing the time.
In terms of practicality for road tripping or just getting groceries, how do you think the new Nissan Z will compare to the BRZ? That rear hatch package area on the Z looks kind of small.

My BRZ has been usable for two person fishing/camping trips from Chicago to the U.P. and also Colorado. Including cooler, food, and various gear. The BRZ rear seat and trunk combined make it usable for more than just driving. Hoping the new Z hatch area is more spacious than it appears.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
No spare tire - weight savings!

IMG_0200.png
upon closer inspection of the label...

i noticed in the fine print there is a 2 person, 450 lb total weight limit...so 2 guys at 225 lbs each.

good thing they left the spare tire out, because a few friends of mine will bring their own ?

Last edited:

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
In terms of practicality for road tripping or just getting groceries, how do you think the new Nissan Z will compare to the BRZ? That rear hatch package area on the Z looks kind of small.
From what I can tell it should be identical in 'boot' size to the 370z.

Last edited:

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I'm curious about the touch and feel of the interior. Are the door trims/dash hard plastics? Is it identical to the the previous model?
I only got to sit in it for a minute at ZCon, but it felt 'softer' if that's the right word than the 370. It seemed to compare nicely with my wife's '21 Rogue SL trim.

jdrxb9

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ND2
From what I can tell it should be identical in 'boot' size to the 370z.
Yeah, ditto on jezza's post. I fully expect the Z to not be as practical as the BRZ/86, but it should be a bit better than my current ND. I knew going in I'd be moving to a hitch rack for the bicycle and the trunk would be more modest (not terrible, though), but I wasn't prepared for how much more cramped passengers would be in the Miata vs the BRZ - I've kind of felt bad more than once giving >6' folks (I'm just under) quick rides to lunch or whatever ? (which never was an issue in the BRZ). From what I can tell, the 370 / Z still won't take a bicycle inside, but also won't jam folks knees into the dash!

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah, ditto on jezza's post. I fully expect the Z to not be as practical as the BRZ/86, but it should be a bit better than my current ND. I knew going in I'd be moving to a hitch rack for the bicycle and the trunk would be more modest (not terrible, though), but I wasn't prepared for how much more cramped passengers would be in the Miata vs the BRZ - I've kind of felt bad more than once giving >6' folks (I'm just under) quick rides to lunch or whatever ? (which never was an issue in the BRZ). From what I can tell, the 370 / Z still won't take a bicycle inside, but also won't jam folks knees into the dash!
Yeah, unfortunately I didn't get a look at the trunk but from the handful of photos I've seen, I'd be surprised if a bikefit.

I have a hitch rack on current car for bikes, however another option if you didn't want to go that route w/ the Z—and it's what I'm currently considering—would be - https://www.seasucker.com

Know a few folks that have 'em and swear by the convenience/durability.

@therumblewagon thanks for the info and pictures. I still love the yellow, I was worried that it might look washed out, but next to your bees wax it still pops.
Still happy with my choice!
It really does look good, and you will be happy. The yellow touches on the interior (the stitching, etc.) are also a nice touch - it's not overwhelming, and it doesn't take away from the exterior at all. It'll absolutely turn heads. The bronze wheels look reallyyy nice in person, too - if I'm not 100% in love with the dark option, will powder coat.

I tried to press the guy on any photos of the red interior and he looked through all of the photos Nissan gave them on an iPad but didn't have any. He still hadn't seen it in person, so must still be in development.

Hmmm, no VINs.
Yeah, which left me wondering if this car will actually be one of the 240 or if it'll just be a show stud and then be retired to HQ for display in lobby. If you look at one of the photos, you can see the "push" start (the red button on the joystick-looking thing) tucked in the steering column, so it's obviously not complete.

He also vaguely hinted that this and the blue one out west aren't the only 2 in the states right now in the same color. I tried to ask him about the logistics of shuffling them all over the place, since this one was last in NY iirc, and he didn't say much further.

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Yeah, which left me wondering if this car will actually be one of the 240 or if it'll just be a show stud and then be retired to HQ for display in lobby. If you look at one of the photos, you can see the "push" start (the red button on the joystick-looking thing) tucked in the steering column, so it's obviously not complete.

He also vaguely hinted that this and the blue one out west aren't the only 2 in the states right now in the same color. I tried to ask him about the logistics of shuffling them all over the place, since this one was last in NY iirc, and he didn't say much further.
I'll get to see the blue one in a couple of weeks, will take notes if there is any VIN, this yellow one sure looks like a show piece only. Nice pics and details bud, you really tried hard! Should've taken a selfie laying down with your phone outstretched to get those chassis pics, LOL! I wonder if they allow a selfie stick to get even closer, hmm.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Also went to see the new Z at the Miami Auto Show today. They had the yellow one on display. Snapped a few pics (nothing ground-breaking since there was a barrier).

It really looks great in-person. Very sleek and angular, long and low to the ground. The design really does come together when you see it, the elements fit together well and it's well proportioned.

Not much new info but here's what the rep said:
  • Nissan hasn't committed to a Nismo version yet or at least nothing official
  • Nothing on pricing other than "starting at around $40K"
  • Final pricing is usually a month or 2 before the vehicle goes on sale so most likely Jan or Feb of next year (ballpark)
  • Asked about changes to the suspension but no real specifics, just what is already known from the press release specs sheet
  • No info on the next GTR even though everyone keeps asking about it

20211018_161413.jpg

20211018_161428.jpg
One thing stood out here, plenty of room for even larger rubber at rear, 295s, 305s? That would be great if enough room on the inboard side.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I only got to sit in it for a minute at ZCon, but it felt 'softer' if that's the right word than the 370. It seemed to compare nicely with my wife's '21 Rogue SL trim.
From the driving position, how much of the hood do you see, and how tall are you? I'm asking because while I love the white paint I don't want to be getting glare from a white hood which can happen if enough of it is in view.