therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Well well well -

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 1.17.26 PM.png

I am not a financing expert, so if someone is please do jump in, but I have to imagine the large down payment was to help reduce what would be needed to finance, since I would imagine lenders would be like, you want to pay HOW MUCH for a NISSAN?! and therefore wouldn't approve.

Have to imagine that, plus interest rates being bonked, led to the above result? Or perhaps the person just...couldn't secure financing? I'd think since you have a lot of money to throw down, it wouldn't be an issue, but again there are probably some variables I'm not thinking of.

I'll ask what the OTD price is and circle back. A part of me wonders if they'll give at all on the ADM, doubt it but one never knows until you ask.
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 8.21.56 PM.png

Imagine sending this to a prospective buyer, who can clearly see what the sticker is, and not giving it a second thought.

"we dropped the price almost 10k, it's now only 40k over MSRP!"

boggles my brain cells.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport

And more performances models sold already. From what people posted on instagram. Im sure there are many more sold to people without social media

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
"Many" might be a stretch -

https://www.autoweek.com/news/sport...trification-looms-but-sports-cars-still-sell/

Nissan Z
Just 86 sold year-to-date ’22, all the redesigned 2023 model, compared with 56 of the outgoing 370Z sold in the first three quarters of 2021.

That is bad.

Also, this comment will probably resonate with a lot of people on here:

"I live around one of the most car-watching city areas of the country (greater metro Atlanta) and have yet to see one new 2023 Nissan Z. This, when I saw new 2020 C8s just weeks after the GM union strike was over and production began. It is deeply concerning to see Nissan has not even sold 100 Zs for the entire nation. This leads me to believe potential buyers of it got tired of waiting for the new Z and took their sports car business elsewhere like to the new Supra (which I do see) which to date has nearly 20,000 sales since 2019 (nearly 3,900 just for 2022 so far with October numbers not in yet)."

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
"Many" might be a stretch -

https://www.autoweek.com/news/sport...trification-looms-but-sports-cars-still-sell/

Nissan Z
Just 86 sold year-to-date ’22, all the redesigned 2023 model, compared with 56 of the outgoing 370Z sold in the first three quarters of 2021.

That is bad.

Also, this comment will probably resonate with a lot of people on here:

"I live around one of the most car-watching city areas of the country (greater metro Atlanta) and have yet to see one new 2023 Nissan Z. This, when I saw new 2020 C8s just weeks after the GM union strike was over and production began. It is deeply concerning to see Nissan has not even sold 100 Zs for the entire nation. This leads me to believe potential buyers of it got tired of waiting for the new Z and took their sports car business elsewhere like to the new Supra (which I do see) which to date has nearly 20,000 sales since 2019 (nearly 3,900 just for 2022 so far with October numbers not in yet)."
I think the issue is not that they’ve only sold 86. It’s that they've only had 86 to sell. Can’t sell cars if you can’t get them to dealerships.

Cmoon1214

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Potential 2023 Z
This Maryland dealership is a trainwreck. 20k+ ADM, color listed as boulder gray when it's gun metallic, and one of the sales people told me it was damaged during transport, so it had to be repaired before being sold. Not sure why they were honest about it, but I'm sure they won't mention that when it's being sold.

Screenshot_20221020-235545.png

image_2.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Looking at the Nissan site under inventory shows the few Z’s that are at dealers or are in transit, they all have AT. Does anyone know if this because of the 2nd gear grinding discussion? Also, I have not seen that we can place an order for a specific color/transmission yet.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
They better fix that 2nd gear grind and do something about the markups!
I just found out that they're not using an in-house MT tranny, but from Toyota (similar to the 370Z). I hope Nissan can find an in-house solution to build the roll-out momentum .... it has been a dismal

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 8.21.56 PM.png

Imagine sending this to a prospective buyer, who can clearly see what the sticker is, and not giving it a second thought.

"we dropped the price almost 10k, it's now only 40k over MSRP!"

boggles my brain cells.
Call it morbid curiosity, but I just checked and the car is still for sale at the same price.

At this point, since they haven't lowered it, I'm just starting to think they're just not trying to sell and to keep it on the showroom floor as a display model.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Found a base/sport model in South FL. When I called about it, they wanted $20K over MSRP. $60K... for the sport model... Link for those interested

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next 1 - 2 years.