Reaction score
Car(s)
?

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
It is indeed just vinyl overlaid on top of the grille. No change to the grille. However, I'm sure within a month of release we will see at least 1 aftermarket bar that you can "bolt on" right across where that vinyl line is.

Metal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8
Occupation
Engineer - Telecom
Believe it or not I think I actually like the big rectangle cut out more than if they just barred across it, I think it makes the car look too "normal" with the bar

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
It is indeed just vinyl overlaid on top of the grille. No change to the grille. However, I'm sure within a month of release we will see at least 1 aftermarket bar that you can "bolt on" right across where that vinyl line is.
True dat. The big players for aftermarket BMW parts have already sketched out designs to replace the nostrils of the new G80/G82. No doubt the Z will get a few iterations from the players on our side (Amuse, Fly1, etc) come to mind.

Let's hope we see pricing and actual trims/options soon or better yet, pre-production journalist drive reviews (not proto).

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
True dat. The big players for aftermarket BMW parts have already sketched out designs to replace the nostrils of the new G80/G82. No doubt the Z will get a few iterations from the players on our side (Amuse, Fly1, etc) come to mind.

Let's hope we see pricing and actual trims/options soon or better yet, pre-production journalist drive reviews (not proto).
Exactly. And not only just a straight "bar" itself, but I'm sure we will see different designs that will altar the rectangle shape. I would love see some sort of "fang" design like with the 2009-2012 370Z grille.

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
At this point I'm almost over seeing the car in camo. It looks great, sounds great, we know it's going to be great. @Dan_Passe if you are watching, people want info and specs. Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Z32 instead, although I rather not spend 30k for a 30 year old car.

BB_Sam

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jaguar F-type R-Dynamic 6MT
At this point I'm almost over seeing the car in camo. It looks great, sounds great, we know it's going to be great. @Dan_Passe if you are watching, people want info and specs. Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Z32 instead, although I rather not spend 30k for a 30 year old car.
Totally agree. Today, Toyota has a press event for the new 2022 GR 86.. and immediately announces it'll be on the road by fall 2021. Hmmm... seems like a more traditional approach to selling a car (ie telling people when they can buy/own one!) :(

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Agree, although this is not the silver one....different number plates