2020 Toyota Supra makes world debut

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Hagerty - Toyota GAZOO introduces updated Supra GT4 — go racing for $184,263

"Intake: The Supra has been a profoundly successful car for Toyota in road racing since it was introduced in 2020. To keep it in the forefront, Toyota and its GAZOO Racing arm are introducing an EVO version for 2023, which will make its debut in January at the Rolex 24 at Daytona weekend, racing in the first round of the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge season. GAZOO Racing development engineers focused their efforts on brakes, handling, and engine development. Thanks to an improved brake system design, new ABS settings, latest KW Automotive damper technology, and updated antiroll bar specification, the GR Supra GT4 EVO will deliver improved handling and higher cornering speeds, the company says. Power continues to come from a 3.0-liter inline turbocharged six-cylinder with a modified ZF transmission with paddle shifters. The engine has a modified torque curve, improved cooling, and other enhancements. Wheels are 18-inch OZs, brakes are Brembo, the racing seat is OMP, and the car comes fully caged.

Exhaust: The order banks opened last week for the 2023 Supra GT4, at a price of $184,263, race-ready. An EVO kit will be available to update the Supra GT4s that are already on the racetrack. The GT4 class is exceptionally tough, with cars like the Aston Martin Vantage, BMW M4, Mercedes AMG GT, Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Camaro, and Porsche 718. —Steven Cole Smith" (more photos at the link, above)

1667268650399.png

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Toyota really needs to kill the 2.0 Supra and instead, slap the GRC engine into the GR86 and call it a day. There's no way anyone is actually buying the 4-banger, right?
Posers and Fuckbois are buying the 2.0 fronting that it's a 3.0 and they also carry over the "Base Model Euro" inferiority complex.

Doug got his hands on a 6MT Mk V (in Blue no less)

If the RZ34 didn't exist and the C8 wasn't MR, I'd be looking at this car a lot harder, C8s are back to MSRP now so 60k for a Z4 Coupe vs a MR with a V8.......not a chance.......unless deprecation hits these jokers hard which I think it will now that the 6MT is on the scene.

When that Z4 M40i 6MT hits......I have a decision to make 😂
1669738067129.png