2020 Toyota Supra makes world debut

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
I have gotten used to the way these car looks. Now Toyota just needs give it a manual.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I have gotten used to the way these car looks. Now Toyota just needs give it a manual.
Same here, I can get pass some of the fugliest if it had a stick, but it's never going to happen.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
This feels like the most appropriate place to put this - https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-gr-supra-manual-gearbox-coming-by-mid-2022-report/

It's rumored, of course, but worth keeping an eye on
If it happens it would be interesting to know how many current mk5 owners that started dogging the manual transmission the last few years suddenly have a change of heart and switch.

Likewise, how many potential Z buyers would take the BMW/Toyota with a manual instead if that's their main issue with it.

S58 with a manual in something other than an ugly BMW body sounds good, but unfortunately the mk5 looks just as bad.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
If it happens it would be interesting to know how many current mk5 owners that started dogging the manual transmission the last few years suddenly have a change of heart and switch.

Likewise, how many potential Z buyers would take the BMW/Toyota with a manual instead if that's their main issue with it.

S58 with a manual in something other than an ugly BMW body sounds good, but unfortunately the mk5 looks just as bad.
The lack of a manual trans is the main reason I don't already own a MKV. If they do release a manual version of the 3.0 it will become a much tougher choice for me. Rumor mill seems to think that the manual will only come to the 4 banger so as of right now my brain has nothing to worry about.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Is the Supra finally getting a manual?

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/wh...he-manual-supra-would-you-buy-it.11313/page-8

Jaxness said:
I believe it to be true. I have a friend in Los Angeles that drives prototype cars and reports back on their drivability. He sent me a video of him driving a manual MKV, because he knows the auto is the only thing I dislike about my Supra. He's not capable of the level of video editing skills required to fake it, and it looks pretty damn real to me.

And I obviously won't post the video and risk his job, so I expect a lot of "yea right" responses.

But if any of you are local and want to see, I'd be happy to share, lol.

screen-shot-2021-11-21-at-3-23-10-pm-png.png

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
manual or not, it's still a bmw...
Once these cars get to 6 digits on the odometer the BMW in them will really start to show. Ask me how I know. They are fun to play around with if you can get in one for cheap ($20k or less to me), but no way in hell I'd spend $50k+ on any car with a turbo/twin turbo BMW engine in it. The amount of issues they have long term is comical for how expensive they are especially when you're used to 90's-00's Japanese reliability.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Supra's closed-deck B58 when coupled with a 6-speed I think will be quicker than the Z's VR30 manual, that's a strong motor and underrated as BMW always does. Reliability will be no match to the VR30 though as we all know about BMW mills. My N54 TT 5 series is poking along at 62k miles and has been mostly reliable, couple of injectors replaced, walnut blasting done, that's all. But I won't trust it above 150k miles, such are BMWs in general.

Last edited: