First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Going to be a blast! I still have other issues with this car, but a proper exterior refresh would make the choice between this and the Z a tougher choice. Would still go with the Z though as I just can't fathom spending that kind of $ on a car with a BMW engine.
is there supposed to be an exterior refresh too?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
is there supposed to be an exterior refresh too?
No idea. My guess would be '24 MY at the earliest if it ever happens. Front bumper and door vents would have to be addressed for me to even consider it.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
A number of 2021 Supras are having oil consumption issues.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/car-excessively-burning-oil.8084/
Just returned mine because of oil consumption. I was going to keep both a new Z and a Supra, but alas that is not my fate. I look forward to getting a manual Z, but it doesn’t diminish the joy the Supra provided for a year. A (mostly) phenomenal car. Hated by internet warriors but loved by regular folks. I spent a lot of time in parking lots answering questions from giddy passerbys who were awestruck. And track days were spectacular.

A quart per 750-1000 miles was too much. My other B58 (M240i) did the same every 5-7.5k miles. I’ll enjoy the manual in what is likely to be my last gasser.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
No idea. My guess would be '24 MY at the earliest if it ever happens. Front bumper and door vents would have to be addressed for me to even consider it.
ahh ok...
let me know when they refresh it in japan with all new parts, engine, functional vents, manual, etc, etc...

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just returned mine because of oil consumption. I was going to keep both a new Z and a Supra, but alas that is not my fate. I look forward to getting a manual Z, but it doesn’t diminish the joy the Supra provided for a year. A (mostly) phenomenal car. Hated by internet warriors but loved by regular folks. I spent a lot of time in parking lots answering questions from giddy passerbys who were awestruck. And track days were spectacular.

A quart per 750-1000 miles was too much. My other B58 (M240i) did the same every 5-7.5k miles. I’ll enjoy the manual in what is likely to be my last gasser.
Seriously, that's a bummer. Was it just consuming oil or leaking from various gaskets as well? My 335i (N54) is good at masking leaks as consumption but it has both issues. It's dropped a quart in 750-1000 miles due to leaks + consumption but that's on a 150,000 mile engine. Did/are you getting rid of the M240i as well?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ahh ok...
let me know when they refresh it in japan with all new parts, engine, functional vents, manual, etc, etc...
Yeah, in all reality it's never going to be for me without being as you described. When I say adding a manual and fixing the outside would make it a tougher choice, that's like bumping it up to a 1% chance from nothing. So about the same chance as me getting a Mk4 but for very different reasons ? ? ?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
Seriously, that's a bummer. Was it just consuming oil or leaking from various gaskets as well? My 335i (N54) is good at masking leaks as consumption but it has both issues. It's dropped a quart in 750-1000 miles due to leaks + consumption but that's on a 150,000 mile engine. Did/are you getting rid of the M240i as well?
Zero leaks. All combusted. Moved the M240i as well (I quite like the new one).