Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Last edited:

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Makes sense. When I was fed up waiting for a Z I started cross shopping manual Supras. My dealer was awesome and was selling at msrp but I found out that actually getting a car, especially in the color / trim you want is just as hard as the Z lol.

I called all over the US and every manual car was already spoken for, had a waitlist a mile long, or was left alone because the markup was ridiculous. Their situation isnt all that much better honestly. Its sit and pray you get a car you like.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
Makes sense. When I was fed up waiting for a Z I started cross shopping manual Supras. My dealer was awesome and was selling at msrp but I found out that actually getting a car, especially in the color / trim you want is just as hard as the Z lol.

I called all over the US and every manual car was already spoken for, had a waitlist a mile long, or was left alone because the markup was ridiculous. Their situation isnt all that much better honestly. Its sit and pray you get a car you like.
It's especially true if you are trying to shop somewhat locally. If I'd found a yellow Supra within a 300-mile radius and without some silly markup during the last year, I'd probably be driving it.

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
It's especially true if you are trying to shop somewhat locally. If I'd found a yellow Supra within a 300-mile radius and without some silly markup during the last year, I'd probably be driving it.
Yep. I wanted a Strat Blue manual and there were 10 fucking people ahead of me locally. NONE of which had any preference, they just wanted a Supra. Absolutely insane, I'd likely be waiting 2 years lol.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/823098

According to the information, it seems to be a GRMN specification that is particular about running, and features detailed aerodynamic parts. There are small canards on the left and right ends of the front, and a lip spoiler is attached below. A large GT wing sits at the rear.

I remember seeing it somewhere... Yes, it is the Supra GT4, a race-only car.

The Supra GT4 is a ``commercially available race car,'' and since its release in Europe in March 2020, cumulative production will reach 100 units in April 2023. The latest GT4EVO is priced at 186,000 euros (approximately 30.21 million yen) for the base model.

In other words, the Supra GRMN is a commercially available car packed with the technical know-how of the GT4 racing car. Let's get into the details.

01_supraGRMN_s_SCOOP_02.jpg

02_supraGRMN_s_SCOOP_03.jpg

The engine is of course a straight 6, 3L turbo. Initially, there were rumors that it would be equipped with the BMW M3's S58B 510ps engine, but the latest information is that this is not the case. It will be powered up from the current GR Supra's B58B type 387ps.

The power specs are unknown, but the GT4 machine is displaying 430ps (actually due to performance adjustment for the race category), and it seems certain that the GRMN specification will be over 400ps.

The transmission is 7-speed DCT (dual clutch 2-pedal MT). This will be Toyota's first DCT, but a 3-pedal 6-speed manual transmission may also be available, although this has not been confirmed.

What we can put more effort into is strengthening the body and suspension. The body has been strengthened with GRMN standard menu items such as additional spot welding and extending the area where structural adhesive can be used, and a special suspension and special brake have been adopted. The brakes are heat-resistant drilled discs with red-painted calipers with 6 pods at the front and 4 pods at the rear.

When the GR Supra was improved in April 2022, the damper, active LSD, and electric power steering settings were changed (6-speed MT was also added at the same time), resulting in a significant improvement in driving quality. Given the high level of the base, expectations for the GRMN specifications are only increasing.

Weight reduction is also essential. In addition to using carbon materials for the engine hood, roof, front lip spoiler, rear wing, etc., the interior also uses exclusive lightweight items. Although the exact numbers are unknown, it is likely that the weight will be reduced by 20 to 30 kg.

This GRMN specification will be the last special model of the GR Supra. It is expected to appear early next year, but it could be announced as early as this year.

Needless to say, the GR Supra, the last and strongest pure engine, is a precious one. The price is in the 12 million to 13 million yen class, and the information is that it will be a limited model with only 200 units produced in Japan.

It is also highly valuable as a collector's item, and there is a strong possibility that there will be competition for it all over the world. If you are lucky enough to be considering purchasing one, you should start looking at retailers now.

Supra GRMN finally comes out. It was worth the wait! It will be released as a car that you can feel.

-Toyota Supra GRMN expected specs
- Overall length x width x height: 4410 x 1870 x 1295mm
- Wheelbase: 2470mm -
Vehicle weight: 1500kg - Engine: Straight 6
, 3L twin scroll turbo
- Maximum output/maximum torque: 420ps/52.0kgm
Transmission: 7-speed DCT
・Drive system: FR
・Release date: Spring 2025
・Estimated price: 12 million to 13 million yen