Sponsored

Search results

  1. Radar detectors review thread

    LOL, isn't everything. It's a nice "plug & play" detector that should serve you well for a long time.
  2. Radar detectors review thread

    There are a couple of us on this forum that are also very active on the detector forum and it's generally considered that the Uniden R8, Redline 360c, or the V1 are the best detectors. There are advantages to each of those. My preference is the R8. There's are a lot of good people and helpful...
  3. Hard Wire Radar Detector/Camera in about 15 minutes

    I never remove my detectors. The key is to have it sit so high on the windshield that no one can see it.
  4. Need Advice

    I saw this yesterday regarding Nissan dealer incentives starting in June. It might be advantageous to wait a few weeks, but of course, the car you're looking at might be gone too. Depends on whether you're willing to roll the dice...
  5. Hard Wire Radar Detector/Camera in about 15 minutes

    Yep, I'm with you - a detector helps in many ways. We all speed occasionally whether we're late for work or getting our kids to a sporting event. Cops know that but they have a job to do. Many of us choose to avoid roadside conversations if we can avoid it, lol. By the way, a lot more reports of...
  6. Hard Wire Radar Detector/Camera in about 15 minutes

    Police operate radar in two modes - constant and instant on (I/O). It's pretty normal for Troopers to use I/O and local police to use constant. I/O's been around since the late 70's/early 80's so it isn't anything new. Anyone actively involved in the detector/jammer/cannonball world will tell...
  7. Hard Wire Radar Detector/Camera in about 15 minutes

    Hey @silverbullet! I didn't realize there were two of us here from RDF.
  8. 25% Tariffs Begin April 2nd

    China is way ahead on the energy requirements required for AI. We need to invest HEAVILY and QUICKLY in energy or they're going to run our azzes over.
  9. 25% Tariffs Begin April 2nd

    Trump could run for a 3rd term, win, serve the four additional years and still be out of office before someone could spin up a brand new auto manufacturing plant in US. Nissan's lead time on a new model vehicle is ~4 years to build it at a plant that already exists. The idea that you can just...
  10. Nissan Is Fighting To Survive But Its Future Looks Grim

    Good report on CNBC regarding Nissan's current state and future survivability.
  11. Toyota Supra’s Sales Dominance Over Nissan Z Is… Over

    Agree - future issues with parts will be an issue on the Z but I'd still buy one and drive it for a few years.
  12. Nissan and Honda merger thread

    This has been rumored for awhile. The part I don't quite understand is what benefit there is for Honda. Car companies bet heavily on the Chinese market and surprise, surprise, that hasn't gone the way they anticipated. In the long term, if the Chinese products are allowed to enter foreign...
  13. Nissan Exec says 12-14 months to survive

    Good point. Future parts for a limited run car is what worries me. I'm living that now. I have a Chevrolet SS Sedan (essentially an Australian Holden Commodore) that was a limited run vehicle shipped to the US between 2014-2017. Any of the Aussies can attest it's a fantastic car (LS3 V8, manual...
  14. My Passion Red Z at the beach! 🌞 ⛱️ 🔥

    Still my favorite color. I wish Nissan could have produced more of them.
  15. Nissan Exec says 12-14 months to survive

    Yeah, I'm with you. I was sorry to see the American auto manufacturers sell their souls for short term gain to enter the Chinese market and was predictable from the start, once the Chinese learned (stole) their processes, they began taking the foreign manufacturers business. What a stunner. I...
  16. Nissan Exec says 12-14 months to survive

    Yeah, it's going to be an "interesting" future for the international automotive industry, isn't it? You have to wonder with the Chinese essentially flooding the international car market with cheap EV's (subsidized of course), how many of the current international car companies will survive. It's...
  17. How to search for a Z

    Agree, the word "yet" could probably be applied to all/most of the manufacturers at this point, Nissan included. Both the Ford F150 and the Stellantis situations are interesting because this is likely just the beginning of what's going to need to take place if they want to start moving vehicles...
  18. How to search for a Z

    Ford has opened up a program to dealers to heavily discount F150 Lightnings and Stellantis just came out of meetings with their dealers and they came away happier so they'll likely be doing some things to move vehicles but haven't seen anything from Nissan.
  19. 2024 Sport MTs in NJ are $5200 below MSRP (6/25/2024)

    Hard to believe that we'll be in 2025 in a few months and these 2024's sitting on dealership lots will be considered "a year old". You'd assume that we'll see some aggressive discounts over the coming months.
  20. Hard Wire Radar Detector/Camera in about 15 minutes

    I'm still very active in the radar detector community and like you, have been running detectors since ~1980. The biggest advantages of the newer detectors is that the range is much better and the false alerts / blind spot monitoring / filtering is night and day better. I wish I lived in a place...



Top