Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
They aren't really about to just show us the same car as the Proto... are they? :confused:

We're all really expecting more than that lol

Update: specs and price leaked?! (picked up by @Haste)

3:07 - "...they want V6, twin turbo, 400hp engine, and that's why we decided to do that."
3:24 - "...we will be launching this car in Spring 2022 and the base grade will start around from 40,000 dollars."

Z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
They aren't really about to just show us the same car as the Proto... are they? :confused:

We're all really expecting more than that lol

Nah. They're running through footage we've seen before, etc., and of course can't show the real deal before the official debut tonight. Might be fatigue from staring at a screen all day, but it looks like the Proto behind him is a Zoom background or something of the like?

OP
OP
Haste

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nah. They're running through footage we've seen before, etc., and of course can't show the real deal before the official debut tonight. Might be fatigue from staring at a screen all day, but it looks like the Proto behind him is a Zoom background or something of the like?
I hope you're right. That vid just got me nervous as it looks like the same set as the first post, and this was not the Proto set. Surely they are smarter than that than to show us another yellow car. No offense to anyone who wants one in yellow, but I think we can all agree it's time to see something new that's official. I hope I'm just over analyzing it and they have a lot more in store tonight :D

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
Spring 2022 with base price of $40k isn't bad. Time to save some money and finish up other projects.

OP
OP
Haste

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Can someone else please watch this and confirm I'm not going crazy? Been a long week at work, but I just did a double take - 3:08ish, he says it has 400hp, 6 speed, "launching in spring 2022", "base grade starting around 40k" @Haste this is a great find
Sounds like it:

3:07 - "...they want V6, twin turbo, 400hp engine, and that's why we decided to do that."

3:24 - "...we will be launching this car in Spring 2022 and the base grade will start around from 40,000 dollars."

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Sounds like it:

Perfect, appreciate the confirmation. Hoo boy, I bet Nissan PR is gonna be pissssssssed at him for dropping that early lol

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
From the pics of the reveal stage, that backdrop matches the stage at Duggal. So that may very well be the car they will be "revealing". I agree, I would hope that they would be sharp enough to show us something different lol, but I guess anything is possible. Why would they have the Proto and the production car at the same location? My money is on that yellow one up top being the production car.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
From the pics of the reveal stage, that backdrop matches the stage at Duggal. So that may very well be the car they will be "revealing". I agree, I would hope that they would be sharp enough to show us something different lol, but I guess anything is possible. Why would they have the Proto and the production car at the same location? My money is on that yellow one up top being the production car.
Your probably right though I'm really hoping they have some other colors to show the production Z in.