First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
ive seen some talk on other forums and youtube saying the $35k base price would be great, but probably wont happen.
if this is true, will it put you out of the market for the new z or maybe just make you wait until you can find a used one?

between the metal/materials price hikes and chip shortage, i can see the price being more.
we have talked about how this will effect its debut and dealer mark-ups
at 35k it would be well below similar cars. if its a zupr4 killer...its gonna be a steal!

what if?

base $40k
sport $45k
touring $45k
s/t $50k
nismo ???

compare to:

zupr4 2.0 $43090
zupr4 3.0 $51090
premium $54590
a91 ed. $54795

base 86 starting $27060
86 gt 30k-32k

brz $28845
brz ts $31495

wrx base $27495
premium $30045
limited $32095
wrx sti $37245
sti limited $42945

now....

what if, (God forbid) the z is?

base $45k
sport $50k
touring $50k
s/t $55k
nismo ???

discuss!

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
My plan is to wait and get a MY23 Nismo. I'm hoping for mid-$50k MSRP max, but if they cost $60k so be it.

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
I plan on getting the Nismo and expect to pay low to mid 50's. Hopefully we get some prices on the 17th then will have better idea of what the Nismo will cost.

z_ya_later

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Seiran Blue Nissan Z Sport
Hoping that the rumored price is accurate. Regardless, I want the sport but $45K is pretty much my ceiling. One positive is that, at least in my area, used 370z's seem to be selling at high prices. I check online every once in a while and saw a non-Nismo 2011 going for around $20K. For perspective, that's not much less than what I paid for my 2014 base model 3 years ago. That would at least soften the blow to the wallet.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
I doubt the Z will exceed the price of the Q60 counterpart. If we assume Nissan will keep the price variance between the Q60 and Z same as they have the previous years, a base z will yield $32.5k compared to base trim Q60 (Pure) of ~$42k. This is assuming the 2022 Q60 pricing increases $400 as that was the increase from 2020 to 2021.

My guess would be (without any market adjustment and just basic YoY Z to Q60 price variances) and assuming 6MT:

Base: $32.5K
Sport: $34k
Sport Tech: $41k
Touring: $39k
Nismo: $48k
Nismo Tech: $52k

This would keep the difference between Z and Q60 around 15%-25%, the best being Luxe AWD vs Touring ($53k vs $40k for 24.5% savings on Z). Worst would obviously be the Nismo @ 15% vs Red Sport AWD (~$61k vs ~$52k).

$45K for base Z would make it ~7% or $2,850 over the premium Infiniti brand (against $42k Pure) , which would not happen. Seeing as how the interior fit/finish (handles, switches, seat bottom, seat adjusters) of the Z looks to be port over from the 370z, Nissan would be foolish to price the car remotely close to the Q60. Now the dealer BS addons and "Market Adjustment" will def pop each model by $2-$5k, but then again we would have to see what the new BRZ would go for on lots as that will play a big part into assuming with Nissan dealers will do for the Z.

Just my $0.02.

GOTTHEFUZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Kia K5, 2021Kia forte GT, 2012 Mustang 5.0
Occupation
CNC machinist in the military Aerospace industry
Sorry but I'm not buying a Z for more than 37k, the Z to me is supposed to be a very slight increase to a BRZ/GR86 to me. If the new Z base starts at 40k I'll get another mustang or STI.

The Z to me is a cheap bargain sports car, if they want to go the Supra route they'd best expect low sales.

Edit: also I really don't think you should use the Supra as an example because that car is overpriced as hell.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
As I said on another post. In Aus the price of the Z is rumoured to be around 75-80K
The lotus Emira is looking at coming in at 110k
If the Z goes up another 10k US that’s 20k in Aus…I’d be getting a refund on my deposit and getting the Emira

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Not a total deal breaker for me but I may have to downgrade to the base model.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I highly doubt the new Z will exceed a $48k price tag(not including the Nismo), even fully optioned. Yes the car is a "new" model, but in reality probably 70% of the car is a 370Z. Pretty much all of the "new" parts are from current Nissan models with the exception of the engine being from the Infiniti Q50/60 Red Sport.

The only thing I can see dramatically increasing the price is if they are going with the rumored new 9-speed transmission. It would be great if they did because that would be incredible for performance, but I kind of find it hard to believe they are using that. It makes more sense from a financial and technical standpoint to just use the current 7-speed.

Here is my "logical" guess:

Base - ~$37k
Sport - ~$40k
SportTech - ~$43k
Premium(all options) - ~$46k
Launch Edition - ~$48k

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
I think the bigger fear should be the dealer markups - i know most manufacturers don't look to intervene but.....if you are Nissan - you NEED this to be popular and sell. Especially when you are using a lot of the same parts across 2 different cars to make this vehicle. If dealer greed wind up creating markups of $5-10k (similar to what is happening to the Honda CTR) - I think it will crush sales. If they can hit the $35-37k mark for a base model - i think they have a real winner. The other issue is that there is a chip shortage and inflation is increasing thus making the prices of everything go up - but still hoping that the pricing is legit and that is what we see as a consumer.

For me - I'll keep my current Z for at least 2-3yrs more to see how the new Z looks and try to find a slightly used one or a new one IF the pricing is right. Regardless I'm just thrilled we are going to see a manual twin turbo version of the Z again - from factory. Can't wait to see what the aftermarket support offers with some simple mods and a tune :)

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
I'm just worried about dealer markups. Anyway, I really want the Nismo but I know that car will be $50k+ easily and will probably be out of my price range. I'm good with the base/sport just as long as it's reasonable. $42k+ and we're talking Mustang GT territory.

Interesting that you put the GR86 and BRZ there because I'm eyeing those as well....incase the Z is priced at ridiculous levels. At the end of the day I want the Z!! But I have backup plans just in case.

Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI (Sold)
On Aug 17 maybe we find out they've upgraded the engine- design changes, more than 400 hp, etc. I might pay more for that. But $45k is my limit, and no markups. If Nissan is watching this forum, we might all want to be saying stuff like, "I expect a $35k base price, no markups, or I'm buying a _______! (Insert a different maker) LoL

T3CH

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I’m hoping to get a Nismo and I’m willing to pay $55-60k if it truly has a “baby gtr” bump performance wise (awd, bigger engine, hybrid drive, etc.)

if the nismo package is just cosmetics and and a couple of bolt ons I’ll be seriously debating between buying a st package z, splurging on a lotus or just throwing some money at my golf r’s performance

Longhorn2020

First Name
Jase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350Z
Occupation
Computer engineering
I’m hoping to get a Nismo and I’m willing to pay $55-60k if it truly has a “baby gtr” bump performance wise (awd, bigger engine, hybrid drive, etc.)

if the nismo package is just cosmetics and and a couple of bolt ons I’ll be seriously debating between buying a st package z, splurging on a lotus or just throwing some money at my golf r’s performance
I've heard the Nismo will have AWD. Hoping it's true as that will help the increased hp to actually make it to the ground.