Paint to Sample Program (à la Porsche)

Would you like a custom paint program for the new Z?

• Hell yes!

• No, the standard colors will be fine

Results are only viewable after voting.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
How amazing would it be if Nissan decided to offer a custom paint program like Porsche's Paint To Sample for the R36 and new Z?

As the new Z and R36 will likely be the last ICE-powered versions of both cars, if not the last iterations ever, why not go out with a bang? I know I would be willing to pay up to $10k for a custom color on the new Z - might sound crazy, but it's worth it to me.

What do we think?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
I really have no interest in it on this car, but think it's always a nice thing to offer for those that want it.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Audi has their exclusive paint program of like 60ish?? colors for $3900. That’s a more appropriate price for this car than Porsche PTS pricing. At $3900, I’d consider it, but I can’t see Nissan ever offering this.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I can agree that Nissan is certainly led by the bean counters, however, you'd think that for halo cars (Z35 and R36), this "New Nissan" would at least consider consumer feedback, and maybe offer a PTS program in the last year of pure ICE production for both the Z35 and R36.

I can concede that this is simply wishful thinking, however, I for one would welcome such a program - and would likely order a Z35 in Porsche's Shark Blue, or Caddy's Electric Blue.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I can concede that this is simply wishful thinking, however, I for one would welcome such a program - and would likely order a Z35 in Porsche's Shark Blue, or Caddy's Electric Blue.
I bought my wife a new Toyota Corolla HB in "flame blue" which is the same color as the new C8 vette and I believe the Caddy.
Up until 2019, I had banned my wife from ever discussing Corollas because they were hubcap-festooned beige mobiles. I couldn't believe Toyota came out with a hatchback, and in "flame blue" nonetheless. So, my wife finally got a Corolla. Yes, my wife likes Corollas. I don't, but I appreciate Toyota for going overboard a bit on the latest one.

Can you believe this is a Corolla??:
corolla-driving-rear.jpg

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I bought my wife a new Toyota Corolla HB in "flame blue" which is the same color as the new C8 vette and I believe the Caddy.
Up until 2019, I had banned my wife from ever discussing Corollas because they were hubcap-festooned beige mobiles. I couldn't believe Toyota came out with a hatchback, and in "flame blue" nonetheless. So, my wife finally got a Corolla. Yes, my wife likes Corollas. I don't, but I appreciate Toyota for going overboard a bit on the latest one.

Can you believe this is a Corolla??:
corolla-driving-rear.jpg
That looks great! I'd love to see a similar color on the new Z!

No Monterey Blue please, that won't do.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Porsche’s shark blue is a free color at VW called cornflower blue. Same paint code. So better to tell Nissan you’re willing to pay a couple of grand for a free color than you’d be willing to pay Porsche money for a Porsche color. :D

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
has nissan confirmed any colors yet?
anyways, buy black and have the car wrapped every few years as your tastes change...

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
has nissan confirmed any colors yet?
anyways, buy black and have the car wrapped every few years as your tastes change...
Negative, no colors confirmed yet. However, I think we can at least expect a carryover of the outgoing 370's colors.

ToZornottoZ

First Name
HeinZ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Eos
I was never for the run-of-the-mill or "dealer bulk purchase colors" so I would be very interested in such a program! I can easily see this car in some "crazy" and unique colors and it wearing them all well! Frankly, speaking of Porsche, I could see this car sporting such a color as Miami Blue!!!

240SX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14
How amazing would it be if NIssan decided to offer a custom paint program like Porsche's Paint To Sample for the R36 and new Z?

As the new Z and R36 will likely be the last ICE-powered versions of both cars, if not the last iterations ever, why not go out with a bang? I know I would be willing to pay up to $10k for a custom color on the new Z - might sound crazy, but it's worth it to me.

What do we think?

Its a cool idea but sadly I dont think enough people would be interested to make it worth Nissans effort

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150
I was thinking of joining over there but all the action seems to be here

Its a cool idea but sadly I dont think enough people would be interested to make it worth Nissans effort
plus this forum has a better layout imo and there is a dark mode.

back on topic, yeah it would cool to see the new Z in all colors of the rainbow.