First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i know at this time nissan hasn't officially announced a nismo yet, but it feels like it's on the horizon. thought it would be nice to have one big nismo thread to post in as well as links to other threads and any vids.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
an appearance package would be great, but there should be additional performance parts as well as a good bump in hp to satisfy those still holding out to buy one.

waiting a year or two would probably be more realistic, plus it would give time for the crazy car prices & adm to go down or away altogether.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
poll added...

i know in my thread a while back we choose which trim model we would buy. there was a good amount of people who were holding out for a nismo with others taking a wait and see approach. a lot has changed since then, where do you guys stand now?

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Wait and hold what i have now.

That video goes through all the things a Nismo would have to be upgrading to be EQUAL to a current Supra. There are rumors of an advanced Supra and Toyota may be holding it back to be a last year hooray for the Supra run. Toyota and BMW don't sit still on their Sporty advancements and builds.

Nissan needs to aim higher than the CURRENT Supra. If they make something equal they risk Toyota leap frogging them almost immediately.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
^^well said. No more of the same ol', turbo upgrades to go with the chassis, tire, and aero improvements at the very least. I'd love to see awd and a DCT, but I doubt Nissan would or could do it.

Kbl911

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
^^well said. No more of the same ol', turbo upgrades to go with the chassis, tire, and aero improvements at the very least. I'd love to see awd and a DCT, but I doubt Nissan would or could do it.
For the price point that the next NISMO is likely to reach, yeah, I'd like to think that it will be a pretty aggressive package, overall. Having said that, NISMO variants are typically somewhat conservative, particularly from an added-power perspective. They generally focus more on aero/track driving dynamics/brakes than significant power upgrades, you know? Hell, that's even true with the GTR.

Honestly, Nissan had better bring their best and reach deep into the bag of tricks for this one, especially since it'll likely be the ICE swan-song for the Z.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Wait and hold what i have now.

That video goes through all the things a Nismo would have to be upgrading to be EQUAL to a current Supra. There are rumors of an advanced Supra and Toyota may be holding it back to be a last year hooray for the Supra run. Toyota and BMW don't sit still on their Sporty advancements and builds.

Nissan needs to aim higher than the CURRENT Supra. If they make something equal they risk Toyota leap frogging them almost immediately.
exactly this....
i think toyota will release something like the grmn that will be rated higher than the nismo. good news is it breeds competition between the auto makers. nothing says nissan won't release a nismo type ? to compete...

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
This is citing AUD prices, source cited as Best Car - https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-nissan-z-nismo-due-next-year-report/

Make sure you're sitting down prior to reading this, too -

"Japanese magazine Best Car reports the new Z's much-anticipated Nismo variant could launch in mid 2023, with more power, a stiffer chassis, larger brakes and unique styling – all for a price up to 40 per cent higher than the standard model."

and

"Under the skin, upgrades over the base Z are rumoured to include retuned suspension, 20-inch wheels (up from 19-inch alloys), and "specially strengthened" performance brakes. Best Car reports body stiffness will be boosted with Yamaha performance dampers (for the chassis; not to be confused with suspension dampers), a strut tower bar across the engine bay, and further braces and V-bars around the car."

and

"Inside, the magazine says highlights will include Recaro sports seats with "exclusive" trim and red stitching, a leather and Alcantara steering wheel, and "red-ring" gauges – though it's unclear if these refer to the graphics in the digital instrument cluster, or the analogue dials in the centre of the dashboard.

But the upgrades will come at a cost – Best Car says the Z Nismo is expected to cost approximately eight to nine million Japanese yen – an increase of about 25 to 40 per cent over the standard Z, in top-of-the-range form in Japan."

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'm not holding my breath, considering they can't even get the non-NISMO model out, but...

https://www.thedrive.com/news/the-final-nissan-gt-r-and-new-z-nismo-are-coming-next-year-report

"Meanwhile, the Nissan Z is still new on the scene, but the company will reportedly have a Nismo version ready to drop in 2023. As per usual, it's expected to have upgraded suspension and brakes, and special badging on various trim pieces to denote its special status. Twenty-inch wheels are also in the cards, up from the non-Nismo version's 19-inch wheels.

There's speculation the Nismo Z could get a power boost over the base model, too, but that's not always guaranteed with Nismo models. We've heard Nissan's own executives hint at this before, though, so the odds are good. Pricing will reportedly be between 8 to 9 million yen ($53,000 to $60,000 USD), but that doesn't necessarily translate directly to the United States market.

In an emailed statement to The Drive, a Nissan spokesperson declined to comment on speculation, rumors, or future product."

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/595466

1677782461045.png

1677782481536.png

The new Fairlady Z that appeared in July 2022. Due to the production quota, orders have been temporarily suspended, orders have been placed but the delivery date has not been determined, and it is still difficult to obtain.

Although it is such a Fairlady Z, the development of the NISMO model is progressing.

In the original plan, it was planned to appear next year around the summer of 2023, but due to delays in the production of the standard car and the extension of the delivery date, even if the NISMO model was introduced, production could not realistically catch up. , Because the delivery date will be delayed more and more, the plan will be changed and it will be introduced in 2024.

In terms of content, the main focus is chassis tuning such as aerodynamics and undercarriage feedback from participating in the super endurance race, and 20-inch tires are used. Of course, the know-how of the racing model GT4 vehicle will also be utilized.

In particular, the front section will be extended by about 100mm due to the extension of the nose and the aerodynamic shape of the lower part of the bumper.

There are no major changes to the mechanical parts of the powertrain, but the engine has been fine-tuned with a focus on turbo control.

It seems that the maximum output will be increased by about 15ps to 420ps, but the engine performance is already sufficient, so it is said that it will not be increased so much. Tuning is the main thing.

As with the standard car, the transmission will be a 6-speed MT and a 9-speed AT.

The price is likely to be around 2.5 to 3 million yen plus 8 to 8.5 million yen compared to the version ST. It is under consideration whether it will be a limited model or a catalog model.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Lmao of course it is. Would expect nothing less with the way the Z rollout has been going so far.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
Lmao of course it is. Would expect nothing less with the way the Z rollout has been going so far.

while this isnt shocking news I thought it was possible to see a late summer /fall debut of the car since we have seen the test mules out and about. 2024 debut I guess makes more sense with the delays. Best car is hit or miss on accuracy but they were pretty good with the scoop on the 2024 GTR refresh both time frame and what it would consist of. We will see

Status
Not open for further replies.