2022 Nissan Z Spied Testing On The Street In Colorado

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ahh good eye!! Might be the supposed "white" mule they have.
Yep... don’t believe it is either of the two that we saw together...the one we think is the silver one has a different number plate, and the different types of camo on the doors compared to the rest of the car is not evident on the other car in the picture with the two cars tailing each other.
So unless they have re camouflaged a car there is defiantly three out being tested
Which means the source who gave us the info about the third is legit

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Thing is...I want one. I’ll buy it...all they need to do is release specs and pricing and I’m in. If it means I have to wait till next year...fine, but at least I will know it’s coming, rather than having 0 to go off right now.
Heat testing etc is usually the last part of the process before going into producing, meaning they have specs, they know how much it costs, and they know approx when it’s going into production...
I really don’t understand why they are putting detail off when they could be securing buyers and getting $$ in the bank

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Thing is...I want one. I’ll buy it...all they need to do is release specs and pricing and I’m in. If it means I have to wait till next year...fine, but at least I will know it’s coming, rather than having 0 to go off right now.
Heat testing etc is usually the last part of the process before going into producing, meaning they have specs, they know how much it costs, and they know approx when it’s going into production...
I really don’t understand why they are putting detail off when they could be securing buyers and getting $$ in the bank
Because it's still not too late to make minor changes.

Philosophy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I'm digging the camo look , Z would great in army like green with the wheels from Proto
I'm a big fan of British Racing Green with brown leather interior and bronze wheels. I think the 86 Hakone edition did it really well and proved that it's still a desirable color. Hakone is a name for a popular touge or curvy mountain backroad in Japan. Maybe Nissan could do a version and name it after another one like the Izu Z, Mikuni Z or the Mt. Fuji Z. Though, the Fuji Z should be brilliant white with a brown interior. Kinda excited to see if Nissan will go for any really unique special editions.

Snake

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 F150 Lariat 4x4 5.0, 2009 E93 335i
Occupation
Sales
I'm a big fan of British Racing Green with brown leather interior and bronze wheels. I think the 86 Hakone edition did it really well and proved that it's still a desirable color. Hakone is a name for a popular touge or curvy mountain backroad in Japan. Maybe Nissan could do a version and name it after another one like the Izu Z, Mikuni Z or the Mt. Fuji Z. Though, the Fuji Z should be brilliant white with a brown interior. Kinda excited to see if Nissan will go for any really unique special editions.
BRG would be a killer look on this car. Hope Nissan offers some more unique colors. You can’t beat a good paint .

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Well.....they are going in with the 240Z Nostalgia with this one.

- Design
- Badging
- Blue Interior
- "Heritage" paint colors

They liked to do "1 year only" colors on the Zs, I wouldn't be shocked if the Z35 has a new "Heritage" color every year.

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
I'm digging the camo look , Z would great in army like green with the wheels from Proto
I love the dark green too. I'm really tempted to get the F8 in the Challenger (which is more of an olive green) but looks good to me. But the fact I've been driving a green car for almost 5 years and always wanted a dark red or Cinnamon shade.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
As much as I'd love a metallic/mica BRG (the Hakone version of the 86 has a great take on this colour) I very much doubt we'd see it in as a standard Z colour. Foreign carmakers nearly always limit themselves to red, blue, and monochromatic for their moderately priced sports/performance cars that aren't special editions.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Did the exhaust sound nice in person?
My guess in what it sounds like; Take the Q60 Red Sport exhaust note, and imagine a slighty louder tone as the midpipe length or midpipe resonator size is probably going to be shorter/smaller resulting in louder sound. That's what the case was for the 370z/G37.

On2Vegas

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
My guess in what it sounds like; Take the Q60 Red Sport exhaust note, and imagine a slighty louder tone as the midpipe length or midpipe resonator size is probably going to be shorter/smaller resulting in louder sound. That's what the case was for the 370z/G37.
As a Q50 Red Sport owner the exhaust on it and the Q60 is not aggressive. I had the non-resonated Infiniti sport exhaust installed on mine, but it was way too loud for my taste. So installed the resonated version three weeks later and was much happier with it. This is purely speculation, but I believe many won't be pleased with the exhaust sound out of the new Z. Just trying to prepare others in case they don't like what they hear. Not too big an investment to change it to your liking.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
There is also a center piece is hiding the huge "Z" in the back.