StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
I wish they had a little more information on what is going on with the initial dealer orders or the online reservation system. The whole thing just seems kind of pointless now. The whole thing is a mess. I could see spring 23 for the regular inventory, new dealer orders and show room models.

What they should have done or do, is contact the people who reserved online, allocate production weeks and VIN numbers and hand out some information to the dealerships who put the orders in before the reservation system went live, do the same. At least give some people a bit of an idea what is going on and when to expect a car, at least for production.. is there some already built? Are they waiting for more parts before they even begin, is there shortages that affected all units till next year? Are they just covering their asses for the people in the future who may go in and order a car?

A little bit of transparency would go a long way. Canada hasn't even seen Proto specs land yet.

Last to market :(

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
UGH!!! Dude. Seriously. Is this for future orders of for those of use who ordered in January? My Dealer knows NOTHING. No one knows anything. Ugh.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Thanks nissan for taking my money and nothing to show for it. “Price may increase when inventory becomes available, check back soon or check back with your dealer to receive updates.” This has more 🚩 looks like they can flip the price on us even more, if the car wasn’t already overpriced. Shit show indeed wow.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At least something has changed! I wish we had a little more word on what's going on with the preorders and online reservations. I could see regular inventory, or new orders being spring for sure. What a shit show. Almost a year back logged. Damn thing is going to be a 2024 model year by the time it hits the show rooms

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I fear coupes for Aus will be the same…and I will say our ordering system opened up in Sept 2021, but there are people like myself that have had orders in since March/April 2021.
It has to be the worst roll out ever, mostly due to the lack of information

Dealers here have just started receiving demos and Protos….but no sign of coupes for customers.
What’s the point of demos when you have a back log for almost a year and can’t sell any, whilst you have customers who have paid deposits for the exact spec they are using as a demo is beyond me …what is Nissan thinking 🤷‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
I don't believe they can increase the price all of a sudden at least not in ontario. I got a piece of paper from the dealer back when they announced the Canadian prices and according to our provincial All-in price advertising laws the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act (MVDA) requires that the price include ALL fees and charges the dealer intends to collect with the exception of HST and licensing.

I don't see how they're gonna dance around this and just slap a markup price on the new Z. Every dealership you walk into today be it Nissan or any other, should be able to get you a brand new car at MSRP. Now of course, depending on availability and dealer allocations they won't even promise to get you a car, let alone in time, but if they do it should be for MSRP.

nms1s

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW F32 440i, BMW G20 330i
What's scaring me more is the expected 7.89% interest rate. If they can't get it down to the fives I'm pretty much out.

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't believe they can increase the price all of a sudden at least not in ontario. I got a piece of paper from the dealer back when they announced the Canadian prices and according to our provincial All-in price advertising laws the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act (MVDA) requires that the price include ALL fees and charges the dealer intends to collect with the exception of HST and licensing.

I don't see how they're gonna dance around this and just slap a markup price on the new Z. Every dealership you walk into today be it Nissan or any other, should be able to get you a brand new car at MSRP. Now of course, depending on availability and dealer allocations they won't even promise to get you a car, let alone in time, but if they do it should be for MSRP.
As to the price increase for laws wise, they could still increase msrp as stated Theres a good chance they will because why even say it at all.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's scaring me more is the expected 7.89% interest rate. If they can't get it down to the fives I'm pretty much out.
Yeah I saw that on the website, that Nissan Canada finance rate is insane. I better qualify for a 4-5 at an absolute push. I plan on putting about half down, and maybe a 4 yr on the rest. But that rate is stupid

OP
OP
jc604

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I saw that on the website, that Nissan Canada finance rate is insane. I better qualify for a 4-5 at an absolute push. I plan on putting about half down, and maybe a 4 yr on the rest. But that rate is stupid
yeah thats pretty steep percentages. even the gr supra 3.0 on the canadian site for 36month is a 4.99%

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
the fact they cant even send out an update to the pre-orders is what gets me the most.

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
what gets me the most is they cant update pre-orders or lock in pricing.
wonder what the price will be now?

glad I cancelled my pre-order. atleast we can build and configure now on the website

1663065687712.png

Last edited: