Nissan’s horrible backup camera destined for Z?

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
If I remember correctly there's a camera button on the infotainment. What do you suppose this is for? I'm hoping there's a camera in the front so you can tell how close to a curb you are, or even better yet have it be like the C8 where you can record. So you can either look at how to improve your lap times or figure out what a**hole hit you. This a dumb question but I'm a dumb person so... here we are.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If I remember correctly there's a camera button on the infotainment. What do you suppose this is for? I'm hoping there's a camera in the front so you can tell how close to a curb you are, or even better yet have it be like the C8 where you can record. So you can either look at how to improve your lap times or figure out what a**hole hit you. This a dumb question but I'm a dumb person so... here we are.
Not dumb at all...I think it’s a super question.
I just stupidly presumed it was for the rear camera, but it makes more sense that it would be for something up front...hope it is anyway

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Not dumb at all...I think it’s a super question.
I just stupidly presumed it was for the rear camera, but it makes more sense that it would be for something up front...hope it is anyway
It could be for the Around View Monitor that most Nissan's that have the Tech package/highest trim come with. It would be amazing if the Z came with it, as we already know it'll come with the Radar Cruise Control (huge box thing in middle of front Grille) and Front and Rear Parking sensors.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It could be for the Around View Monitor that most Nissan's that have the Tech package/highest trim come with. It would be amazing if the Z came with it, as we already know it'll come with the Radar Cruise Control (huge box thing in middle of front Grille) and Front and Rear Parking sensors.
Never heard of such a thing, so looked it up
AWESOME!
Do you know if you can leave it running when not in the car? I’d love to be able to catch those bastards that wreck my doors in shopping centres!

OP
OP

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
Good news! You can bet I'm getting that around view monitor if that truly comes to be. BMW probably calls it something different, but I've seen a similar camera setup in the new M cars and just thought I'm shelling out some serious dough for something like that. Probably still will if it's in the highest trim level but totally worth it imo. Parking the 370 is a dance with death lol.

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Never heard of such a thing, so looked it up
AWESOME!
Do you know if you can leave it running when not in the car? I’d love to be able to catch those bastards that wreck my doors in shopping centres!
It is not possible (Currently) in the vehicles that I have tested.

Good news! You can bet I'm getting that around view monitor if that truly comes to be. BMW probably calls it something different, but I've seen a similar camera setup in the new M cars and just thought I'm shelling out some serious dough for something like that. Probably still will if it's in the highest trim level but totally worth it imo. Parking the 370 is a dance with death lol.
Yea, Nissan/Infiniti was first to come out with this Birds Eye/Around View in the 2007 G35 and it's FINALLY making their way to other manufacturers. Same thing with the Synchrorev match. It was hated so much by so many enthusiasts, but now its made its way into even the infamous 911 GT3.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
In my Q50S and my Wife's Maxima Platinum, the 360 cam comes in handy - it spoils you really.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
My wife's Rogue has this. It really comes in handy when parking. I truly hope it's in the new Z as well.

orclean1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic
Rear view cams are mandatory , if it has the front that would be a bonus

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
360 view has been available in other market for a long time.
US was late to have it.
The 360 view is based on four videos stitched together from four camera videos (front, two sides and rear) with software.
One automaker even has an under-chassis view for off road use. That makes the floor transparent.

Yes, our stealthy F35 has the same idea. Our pilot can see through the floor.
Infrared video in this case.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Nissan was first to market in the US with AVM in the 2010 Rogue IIRC.

I have it in my Titan, and I don't think I'd be comfortable with driving a truck this big without it. I never wanted for it in my 370Z, but if it's an option I'll happily take it. It's a wonderful feature.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
I have a 2022 Frontier Pro-4X and I am (almost) entirely extremely pleased with it, and that’s coming from a Taco guy. I say almost because of the backup camera.

The backup camera is like vintage Atari 1200 stuff. Think 1990s cell phone camera. It’s great if you’re into Minecraft, because that the calibre of resolution we’re talking about.

Ok, perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but it is surprisingly bad and below industry standards. I’m just hoping the Z gets a different model. Else, I might have to poke a hole through the roof and rig-up some sort of periscope.

437B529A-E387-4CB6-846C-1F6837987835.jpeg