First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Yea, If that badge can be removed, I'll be removing it and adding the Fairlady Z. If its one piece with the rear panel, then I'll replace the damn thing or just paint the Z so it blends in/is hidden.

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
It would be really nice if they gave consumers the option for the fairlady badging. Clearly (myself included) most of us prefer that route.. At very least, I hope the small spoiler is optional.. I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around that badging with the little spoiler in place.

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
Yes, typically that’s the way they are applied. I meant from the time of purchase.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
It would be really nice if they gave consumers the option for the fairlady badging. Clearly (myself included) most of us prefer that route.. At very least, I hope the small spoiler is optional.. I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around that badging with the little spoiler in place.
I personally wouldn’t be opposed to seeing the Datsun badge back

DrivingEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Focus RS, S2000, Infiniti Q50S Red Sport 400
Occupation
computer geek
AMERICAN z OWNER WITH fAIRLADY BADGE.JPG

An uncommon mod for current Z owners in N.A.... but you do see it.
What I'd like to see is a much more challengine project: a Q50 switched completely over to Skyline badges. Counting the different grill and steering wheel pad, and much more, it would be expensive but would also be much more interesting than a simple Fairlady badge stuck on a Z.
I've added the ultra-rare JDM-export Skyline V36 badge to my own G37S. Which is as far as I intended it to go since nobody even ever knew what that meant. Some people wonder what ever happened to the Skyline - one of the most famous brands ever... still in production but obscure outside of Japan. https://www3.nissan.co.jp/vehicles/new/skyline.html The Skyline/Q50 is yet another Nissan product that is very dated and desperately needs a modernization to be competitive again... the nav system is awful, the twin screens absurd, the 7-speed terrible, the HP nothing to brag about and the torque is lousy (look at the departed ATS-V or the new CT4-V Blackwing for what the right numbers are for this size engine). And don't even consider that gadawful and thankfully optional "Direct Adaptive" steering system (which had better not show up on the Z). I'm hoping to see a higher output Z engine come over to this car, along with the new 9-speed auto and a new dash with the single-screen nav/infotainment from the Z. And cooled seats. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Q50, I've put hundreds of miles on them thanks to Hertz (and in Nashville they had a handful of Q50S Reds) but it's just so old. And except for the new engine, it's just my G37S underneath (the Q50 - and Q60 - was a "tophat" rebop, just like the new Z is). Hence my hopes - and concerns - about the new Z.
v36-G.jpg

But you have to be careful with this... I've seen any number of Pontiac GTOs or G8s switched over to Holden badges... we have an obnoxious local owner who doesn't even know what that means. And then there is the infamous Buick Roadmaster owners who install a Corvette engine cover and claim it as a Corvette engine... saying the factory produced a "Corvette-powered Buick"... when it's just the low-po corporate iron block "350" instead of the much more developed and aluminum-block Corvette engine.
This stuff can go into poseur territory instead of "knowledgeable enthusiast" territory.

Last edited: