Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That is A LOT of cancellations. Wow. Wonder if people are put off by the price?
If they are I’m not sure what they were expecting. It still undercuts the Supra by a fair way, and the 370z was 69k on release 13 years ago. With covid, chip shortages and shipping skyrocketing it was always going to be 80k

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
If they are I’m not sure what they were expecting. It still undercuts the Supra by a fair way, and the 370z was 69k on release 13 years ago. With covid, chip shortages and shipping skyrocketing it was always going to be 80k
agree. comapred to what whats out there at the moment, its alot cheaper then its competition.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
His name is Adam - not sure his title but I've never dealt with a car salesman from any company who knows more about the car than I do.
I am dealing with Young, said he would keep me updated but think I have given him more info the he has to me

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Knowledgeable dealer said all confirmed orders have been processed with Nissan, updated contracts are on the way. There's no way of knowing if Aussie cars are currently being manufactured for our June/July delivery, but no one's been told otherwise yet.

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
There's a lot of people on FB that are put off/cancelling due to price. Understandable, with Nissan's history starting new models high and dropping them over the years.

I don't know about anyone else, but I intend on keeping this car for at least 10 years- long enough to see them diminish and hopefully return in value.

Who knows what the market is going to do in the future though, with this push for electric vehicles.
Hey Sam, same-I think this car should be a classic so I’m planning on keeping for a long time. Nice colour choice too, I’m going blue but love gunmetal grey as well!

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
On a different note I just checked out a tesla model 3 plaid hear at the mall in Hawaii while waiting for my daughter, the fit and finish of the car is bad, gap joints not uniform interior very plain, can't compete with the japanese

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Hey Sam, same-I think this car should be a classic so I’m planning on keeping for a long time. Nice colour choice too, I’m going blue but love gunmetal grey as well!
I also like the gunmetal Gray but that's the colour of my Qashqai

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
Agreed, this should be a future classic.
Additionally, it may be Nissan's last pure, petrol, performance vehicle?? What, with the talk of the GTR going hybrid/electric.

Owning a modified Z32 and witnessing the price difference between original vs. modified examples - I have half a mind to keep this strictly stock, or at least, retain the original parts to refit.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I'm not put off by the talk of cancellations. Be a shit tonne of time wasters and tyre kickers with never any real intentions to purchase the vehicle taking up spots on the reservations list.

Move along out of the way for serious buyers, I say!

Similar to you Sam, I intend on keeping the car for a long time - in fact I'm going one step further and purchasing it with exactly zero intentions of ever selling - unless the money on the secondary market is just next level and its bonkers to hang on to if ya catch my drift. This is one if my forever cars right here 🥰

Freelancerb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Fifo
Hey. Long time lurker first time posting 🤣
Spoke to my dealer today ( TAS) he sent me through the info / press release they got sent and being told august delivery for us but realistically sept/Oct

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Owning a modified Z32 and witnessing the price difference between original vs. modified examples - I have half a mind to keep this strictly stock, or at least, retain the original parts to refit.
I'm hearing ya for stock, but I love my Veilside kit 🥰🥰

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
Hey. Long time lurker first time posting 🤣
Spoke to my dealer today ( TAS) he sent me through the info / press release they got sent and being told august delivery for us but realistically sept/Oct
Good luck with the purchase, Tassie will be an epic place for driving this car! I'm planning a road trip down there next year with a few others, looking forward to it!