West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just speaking about the US, car flipping is very common. Of course you have to pick the right car to have any success. Virtually every Porsche GT cars here are bought by people who eventually sell them shortly for a profit. There are only a minority of them that actually drive them for a few years. It does have a huge impact on both the new and used value of these cars. Dealers have no trouble selling them above MSRP and the cars tend not to depreciate in the used market.
See and this is where it doesn't work here. Dealers are not permitted to sell a car above MSRP new, so people would not buy above MSRP second hand here ….there will be exceptions…real collector models, but thats the same as anything collectable. But in general it doesn't happen. People would be happier to wait 6 moths for a brand new car rather than buy a second hand one for more than new. Again, those that have the money to buy a collectable up front and take the risk, dont need to flip, those who cant afford to flip cant afford to buy a car above sticker

I admit it is happening a little more now due to covid….but pre covid it was almost no existent

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
May as well wait for the Nismo at those markup prices--or a price drop overall.
Not hopeful for the Nismo either. Being a way smaller volume Z, who knows what dealers rack up with ADM! Everything is unknown right now on the Z market, I'd say not until 2023 that things hopefully settle down. That's why I didn't for the 2022 season.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I have little faith things will stabilize as far as the Z is concerned.

The current production issues are just running the clock out on anti-ICE legislation. It won't be long before a car like the Z can't be sold in USA, it's a reality in some countries already.

If Nissan doesn't/can't make enough Zs we will never see reasonable pricing. The Corvette came out last year, how's that working out?

Not to be political...but remember "only 2 weeks" how'd that go for y'all??? Yeah.... those saying "when things improve" better grab your ankles. Been 2 years now and ain't a damn thing improved.

I highly doubt Nissan will be able or willing to keep ahead of demand with the new Z. If they have to cut Z production to make more Pathfinders or Rogues, better believe they won't hesitate.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
^ hopefully the z doesn't get what im calling the 'c8 curse'...
  • lack of inventory issues
  • price gouging
  • car flippers
  • long ordering times
  • burning car haulers
  • tornado/storm damaged
...am i missing anything?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
^ hopefully the z doesn't get what im calling the 'c8 curse'...
  • lack of inventory issues
  • price gouging
  • car flippers
  • long ordering times
  • burning car haulers
  • tornado/storm damaged
...am i missing anything?
Fukashima part 2?
China-Taiwan war?
Japan getting involved in the war?

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
I gave up for the first allocations, don't think it's worth it for what the Z really is underneath, performance wise. Shifting my $$ for my next off-road truck, on order.

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I gave up for the first allocations, don't think it's worth it for what the Z really is underneath, performance wise. Shifting my $$ for my next off-road truck, on order.
What truck are you getting?

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
R1T I believe
Yep, I'm treading the new world, R1T just got email delivery Nov-Dec 2022. Test drove it on a First Mile event, impressive off road. Also contacting Hefty Fabworks for bumper armor since have that on the Xterra. They're planning on it.

This impressed me on Moab

Plus the camp kitchen option, travels coming up.

Last edited:

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Yep, I'm treading the new world, R1T just got email delivery Nov-Dec 2022. Test drove it on a First Mile event, impressive off road. Also contacting Hefty Fabworks for bumper armor since have that on the Xterra. They're planning on it.

Very lucky man. Love everything about those trucks

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N

I've been doing this exact thing for years, way quicker and more aggressive..... in Forza Horizon.

But seriously, this is impressive. From reviews it has a lot of interesting features.

BobDigi5060

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
10r80 5.0, G37X, C4 LT1
I'll say it again I don't have to be one of the first out there with this car. If you're paying markup on this car then it's on you. If I do buy this or a gr86 it will be shipped and the cheapest in the country like my 5.0 that was $7k off msrp last January.

To hell with paying mark up.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60

It's a great BEV truck for sure! I love the pull-out cooking gear, reminds of some higher-end RV's or travel trailers.
Personally, I can't use a truck with such a short bed. Non starter for me. And I like that off-road out-of-gas salvation is a 5 gallon splash of gas away, and besides my boat needs gas too!

What caught my eye is the new Lucid Air. Dang.... The new Lucid Air is way nicer than a Tesla. And the R1T is way nicer than the Tesla Cybertruck. I can't believe how nice the interior of these 2 vehicles, Air and R1T is. The interior of a Tesla is like IKEA penalty box.