First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
the vid i posted earlier was just the driving dynamics. the driver was a retired formula 1 racer and rally champion.

it was a pretty positive review and sounded like it drove way better then the older car... although they didn't get into the looks or body design.

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
the vid i posted earlier was just the driving dynaboutamics. the driver was a retired formula 1 racer and rally champion.

it was a pretty positive review and sounded like it drove way better then the older car... although they didn't get into the looks or body design.
Will have to check it out. That makes it even more disappointing - drives great, looks like garbage.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Will have to check it out. That makes it even more disappointing - drives great, looks like garbage.
sad because it seemed like a great drivers car....i believe the test driver was truthful about its improvement and abilities. it looked like he was really putting it though its paces. even the auto sounded much improved and got me interested, and im a manual guy...

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I just, can't unsee it. It's HORRIBLE, and that bumper is going to be such a pain in the ass to maintain

1631800434150.png

sad because it seemed like a great drivers car....i believe the test driver was truthful about its improvement and abilities. it looked like he was really putting it though its paces. even the auto sounded much improved and got me interested, and im a manual guy...
Couldn't agree more! Maybe, maybe, MAYBE they'll find a way to salvage the STi in the looks department, but they have such a mountain to climb in order to do that

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
maybe the aftermarket can salvage it with a decent bodykit or something.

heck could color match the plastic cladding and it would look way better...

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

icinnabonass

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing Fun (Yet)
Occupation
Tech Startup
I'm speechless. What is going on at Subaru HQ?!

That looks like an absurd concept infotainment center some off-brand car manufacturer tried to launch at CES in like....2005.
They’re all drunk at Suby HQ. The shape of the infotainment system makes me think they should have just been one giant ipad thing like the Teslas have….or maybe its an upsell higher option….

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
I'm speechless. What is going on at Subaru HQ?!

That looks like an absurd concept infotainment center some off-brand car manufacturer tried to launch at CES in like....2005.
You know when mobile phones first came out how they were so big, bulky and ugly ….this reminds me of that, except there is newer and better tech available …what were they thinking ?
iirc that is the infotaintment for the standard wrx. the new gt model has what looks like a tablet propped against the dash..

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
it's weird how it has 2 wrx badges on the rear. what were they thinking? designers thoughts...

guy 1: "hey what is that car? judging from the tail lights, its a civic, right?"

guy 2: "pretty sure it's a crosstrek wrx..."

guy 1: "are you sure bro?"

guy 2: "my bad, it's a wrx wrx..."