Where did everyone go to school? What was your major?

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Anyone who does has a false sense of importance. The ironic part is, the world would stop turning if we didn't have people in the trade jobs industry.

They work HARD and deserve every penny. I'd also imagine they have the best job security around?
Hell, I'd do a trade job if my hands weren't so fucked up. Always wanted to get into welding.

Shreddrr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Dodge Charger R/T
Occupation
University Student
Hell, I'd do a trade job if my hands weren't so fucked up. Always wanted to get into welding.
I welded for a couple summers at my Uncle’s metal fab shop. It was fun.
The fumes probably did a number on my lungs but pay was good.
I never did anything serious one summer I was spot welding for the front grilles of the Argo XTV & frame rails. It was pretty dope.

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Somewhat related to this thread.. I went to UH and got my bachelors in psychology. My friends and I most went into teaching after graduating. It's kind of a useless degree lol. So what is your story?
Psychology is a good field, only if you pursue Master and up. The cost benefit is very low compare to other degrees though, bc of graduate school requirement.

OP
OP
Lin626

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
Psychology is a good field, only if you pursue Master and up. The cost benefit is very low compare to other degrees though, bc of graduate school requirement.
You're right, one of my friends is going back for her Master. She just got tired with teaching.

Zupra88

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z, 2022 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Nursing Home Administrator
Texas State University- Exercise and Sports Science. Tarrant County Community College for my Licenced Nursing Facility Administrator License and currently working on my real-estate license.

Edit: as of 12/23/2021 I am now a licensed real estate agent

Last edited:

Quigs

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Mazdaspeed3, '22 Ford F-250 SD, Miata racecar
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Virginia Commonwealth University - Bachelor of Science in Business Management with concentration on Entrepreneurship.

It was my fallback for getting waitlisted for the Architecture program at Virginia Tech. I decided to take the early acceptance at VCU and stay local as I would not have been able to afford going to Tech anyway.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
SHK...all the way!

aka - school of hard knocks, earned phd specializing in the culinary art of serving knuckle sandwiches...

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
My wife (Medical) and I (IT) are both High School dropouts that make more money than either of us ever imagined.

We both grew up dirt poor...I'm from the hood, she was a refugee - The hustle never stops in this house.

The only folks that bring in more than we do are also dropouts.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
My wife (Medical) and I (IT) are both High School dropouts that make more money than either of us ever imagined.

We both grew up dirt poor...I'm from the hood, she was a refugee - The hustle never stops in this house.

The only folks that bring in more than we do are also dropouts.
Honestly, I love and respect that so much. Props to you both. There isn't enough education in the world to instill drive in someone.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Honestly, I love and respect that so much. Props to you both. There isn't enough education in the world to instill drive in someone.
I really appreciate that, thank you. As a kid, my Mom cleaned houses under the table.....my inspiration was those people.

Now I own a house bigger than the ones she worked in, we clean it ourselves. She drives a '17 Maxima Platinum (and loves it) and I'm sitting here drooling over Zs while we stash the rest.

We're very comfortable but we don't over do it, now we're trying to teach our Daughter how to keep the momentum going.

Generational Wealth is our goal - neither of us ever had that, it's gonna start with us.