2023 nISSAN z pOST rEVEAL lIKES & dISLIKES tHREAD

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
they are saving the more desirable colors for the performance knowing people will spend the extra $$$ for it.

then when you see the mono colored z, guys will say "ahh its just a base model..."

they see the black roof and it's like... "bro it's performance model...what's the retail on one of those?'"
Question (only because I’ve completely forgotten) do the 3 solid colours come in performance? Or just the black roof variety

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Question (only because I’ve completely forgotten) do the 3 solid colours come in performance? Or just the black roof variety
Aside from the limited Proto only coming in yellow, there's been no mention of model specific colours.
Not sure where this came form.. If anyone actually knows otherwise let us know.

Last edited:

Xirallicgdb

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 STi, 1980 Toyota pickup, 2016 tundra
Occupation
Painter
Only real dislikes is the lack of lsd in the sport and the lame brakes.. should have been Akebono sport, brembo performance.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Aside from the limited Proto only coming in yellow, there's been no mention of model specific colours.
Not sure where this came form.. If anyone actually knows otherwise let us know.
Let me explain my question.
Went to my dealer to just check in
He mentioned Australia will be only getting one model but it would be the performance model.
He then said that we may only be getting three colours to choose from.

So in my little mind I’m thinking 3 colours =solid colours =no black roof

But then I read somewhere that black roofs = performance
However I could of misinterpreted what the person meant and for the life of me I can’t locate the post I thought I read ( maybe I dreamed it)

Cut a long story short…I had my heart set on a yellow performance with black roof …but if my dealers inside info is correct I’ll only get a choice of three colours, so it would make sense it would be one of the three solid colours…it might not be, his intel could be wrong ( hope it is) that’s why the question because if performance only came with black roof then the three colours I was thinking we may get might not be those ones at all.

It’s all very complicated hopefully it makes sense.
But above all I hope he got his wires crossed and Aussies get more than 3 colours to choose from

EDIT….just saw you are the guy from Brisvegas so you would get what I’m trying to convey from the Aussie post

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
I get ya! Fair assumption but if there (oddly) are only 3 colours available downunder I see no reason to conclude that they would be black, silver and gunmetal. Hopefully he's wrong.. ask again if you can!

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I get ya! Fair assumption but if there (oddly) are only 3 colours available downunder I see no reason to conclude that they would be black, silver and gunmetal. Hopefully he's wrong.. ask again if you can!
Plan on doing so in a few weeks to a months time…I feel like I’m always bugging him, so trying to limit calls to three week intervals ?
Solid colours would be black, gun metal, and rosewood.
Silver is not my thing, I’ve had black for the last three cars so it would only leave Rosewood and I’m not sure how I feel about that? It would depend on the shade, has the potential to be nice…or the potential to look brown?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
They have not said anything about restricting any of the colors. Someone made the assumption that the monochrome colors were for the base for some reason.

i saw or read something on this site that made me think that too.
anyone else here remember?

was there any mention of it in the spec sheet? i'll see if i can find what i saw.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
i saw or read something on this site that made me think that too.
anyone else here remember?

was there any mention of it in the spec sheet? i'll see if i can find what i saw.
I haven't read anything to lead me to believe that certain exterior colors are limited to either Sport or Performance model. There's nothing on the spec sheet or in any of the official reveal information on Nissan USA or Nissan Global that states that. I have found where it lists the two-tone colors as "Premium", so maybe that got confused as being for Performance only.

In the specs it shows the rear spoiler as Standard on the Performance and not even optional for the Sport. The leak of the Gun Metallic Z from a while back has the rear spoiler, which to me says it's a Performance model and further proves that you can get at least a Performance Z in any of the 9 colors available. I don't see them limiting the Sport to only 3 monotone color options. It really makes no sense to me and no one can find any info that states that or remember where the idea even came from.

1631222590397.png

1631221213299.png

Last edited:

relyt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I have found where it lists the two-tone colors as "Premium", so maybe that got confused as being for Performance only.
Premium likely means that it's a cost added option. An extra $500 or something to get the colors that include the black roof.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I haven't read anything to lead me to believe that certain exterior colors are limited to either Sport or Performance model. There's nothing on the spec sheet or in any of the official reveal information on Nissan USA or Nissan Global that states that. I have found where it lists the two-tone colors as "Premium", so maybe that got confused as being for Performance only.

In the specs it shows the rear spoiler as Standard on the Performance and not even optional for the Sport. The leak of the Gun Metallic Z from a while back has the rear spoiler, which to me says it's a Performance model and further proves that you can get at least a Performance Z in any of the 9 colors available. I don't see them limiting the Sport to only 3 monotone color options. It really makes no sense to me and no one can find any info that states that or remember where the idea even came from.

1631222590397.png

1631221213299.png
Thanks ….so much information( while strangely so little at the same time ?) coming and going it’s hard to remember who wrote what and how true it is.
I’m just trying to figure what we are getting out….it would not impact you guys in the US regardless, in Aus so far all we have to go off is what our differing dealers are telling us.
I hope mine is wrong about how many colour we will have to chose from