2022 Toyota Tundra Leaked!

maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Tundra
is it me, or does the smaller back door makes it look disproportionate?
That pic is of the double cab. The back door is similar with the current version of the double cab. The double cab has a smaller second row seating area, a smaller door, with a 6.5 foot bed.

The Crewmax, which I own, has a full size door and a larger seating area, with a 5.5 foot bed. The new Tundra will have the option of a CrewMax with the longer 6.5 bed. Side view of my truck:

PXL_20201212_140424257.jpg

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
The extended cab is even fuglier than the crew cab. WOW. I like the current gen Tundra much better.

They're going to sell a ton of them, and as a Titan owner, I'm a bit jealous that Toyota eschewed the leaf springs for coil-on-spring a la Ram, but I'll keep my Pro4X all day long over that.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
The Crewmax, which I own, has a full size door and a larger seating area, with a 5.5 foot bed. The new Tundra will have the option of a CrewMax with the longer 6.5 bed. Side view of my truck:
That is way too much length for me. Wow. Granted the TitanXD is basically the same thing having the 6.5ft bed available on the crew cab. But the cabin is shorter in the Titan so overall length is still shorter than the new Tundra CrewMax with the 6.5ft bed.

maxdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Tundra
That is way too much length for me. Wow. Granted the TitanXD is basically the same thing having the 6.5ft bed available on the crew cab. But the cabin is shorter in the Titan so overall length is still shorter than the new Tundra CrewMax with the 6.5ft bed.
The second seat area on my truck is absolutely huge. I hear ya regarding the long bed option on the new Crewmax...one will need a deep garage for that one!

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
I test drove one when I was going through arbitration on my 17 Titan and sat in the back and couldn't believe how much room there was. It's indeed super nice!

As for this new Tundra... I'll have to see one in person. When your gen initially came out I didn't initially like it but I came around to it. However, my initial impression wasn't this bad on the first one either...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I've owned my Titan over 12 years, and I love the truck.
So disappointed in the 2016+ Titan, I'm going to be looking at the new Tundra to replace it.
Having a conundrum right now, looking at both the Z and the Tundra. I want both (I usually own a car and a truck concurrently) but I can't decide which one is more urgent.