First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Strange, the did show slight performance gains on dyno. Especially for wtq. I feel like I would get more whp and wtq since the car is already tuned and has full bolt ons

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Strange, the did show slight performance gains on dyno. Especially for wtq. I feel like I would get more whp and wtq since the car is already tuned and has full bolt ons
Overall I've lost performance from an initial basline dyno.
Lost ~4kw with cat-back exhaust and then picked up pretty much nothing with the intakes.

Important to note - I'm not tuning as I go. I'm literally just running a baseline after each mod to see what immeidate effect it has.
Booked in for a full downpipe on the 27th of April, and will need to do a proper tune after that, so will be interesting to see what overall effect it's had.

Todd marks

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 White Nissan Z Performance
Occupation
Personal Training
Good to hear feedback, you’ll definitely enjoy the gains from the downpipes. Those were the most noticeable gains for me so far, waiting to get the car properly tuned. The timing is all there however, performance appears to be lacking.

OP
OP
Proto Z

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Good to hear feedback, you’ll definitely enjoy the gains from the downpipes. Those were the most noticeable gains for me so far, waiting to get the car properly tuned. The timing is all there however, performance appears to be lacking.
What do you feel is lacking? Just overall power?
For me it feels like I can only get 80% max power to the ground.
My good friend here has an Evo 10, and with mods it is almost exactly the same power as my Z. He absolutely destroys me off the line, but I am quicker about half way through 3rd gear. (Both manuals).
AWD makes a huge difference. Between traction control kicking in and wheels spinning anyway..
I just can't keep the power down through 1st-2nd.

Seoul_Mates

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Sti, 2005 Camry
Little bit of intake noise, but very little.
Keep in mind too that I have disabled noise cancellation and artificial engine noise, so with those still on I would doubt anyone in the car could hear a difference at all.

Haven't dynoed yet, but no discernable power difference either.
I sort of see it as a necessary stepping stone mod for bigger gains- not expecting any bonus HP from the intake alone.
How did you disable the fake engine noise?