Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
This is the update:

" They say we will be getting our first one in July and then the shipments will start showing up in September. Just wanted to give you a quick update. "

This is a suburban dealership that doesn't sell a lot of high end vehicles.

Looks like the ordering / reservation list at this dealership is about to be a show.
That’s cool but let’s be real, Nissan really isn’t “high end”

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Missing the summer, especially for those like me who won't be able to drive the Z after October (because of the weather here), would I think mean that I'd also be out
I was thinking the same. BUT if you cancel your pre order, then order again later, now you prob have to wait another year lol

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
I was thinking the same. BUT if you cancel your pre order, then order again later, now you prob have to wait another year lol
Once they get the supply issues sorted they will be cranking them out and they will be easy to get. Might take a year- who knows. Tochigi has the capacity to make 250,000 vehicles a year.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Once they get the supply issues sorted they will be cranking them out and they will be easy to get. Might take a year- who knows. Tochigi has the capacity to make 250,000 vehicles a year.
Maybe it can make that much. With COVID and chip shortages, I highly doubt they can make that much nowadays

OP
OP
jose3030

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Acura Legend 6sp Coupe
Out of curiosity, how do these deposits equate to you getting the car in your desired trim?
It will just give me first right of refusal.
If they have something I don't like, it goes to the next person w/ deposit.
I am assuming this will repeat throughout until I get what I want.

Doesn't bode well if they throw 10 duds my way.

Makes no sense. How can they get their first one in July if shipments start in September?

They just teleport the ones before September?
I am assuming they will literally get their first one in July but their steady shipments will come in September.

Since they're a suburban dealership, it makes a bit of sense to me (probably low volume dealership).

Agree…why would they bother Shipping a couple …you think they would ship as many as possible to save on shipping costs . Although. How many Nissan Dealers in the US do you have…we only have 92 here
Only assuming they will get their literal first car in July and then a steady roll after that.

OP
OP
jose3030

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s cool but let’s be real, Nissan really isn’t “high end”
I meant GT-R's and so on.
I've heard that the more GT-R's a dealer has sold in the past, the higher allocation they are likely to get.

My point is, I doubt they've sold a GT-R there in ages.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
Because of the winter here I can't drive the Z from November to April, so being delivered and not being able to drive it for months is not something I'm ok with. Having a brand new 70k$ toy - including taxes in Quebec - and not using it is too difficult for me :).
I've got garage space in Florida and a spare bedroom twenty minutes from Tampa Airport. Just leave me the keys and I'll make sure the tank is refilled before you get here...👹😛

OP
OP
jose3030

jose3030

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've got garage space in Florida and a spare bedroom twenty minutes from Tampa Airport. Just leave me the keys and I'll make sure the tank is refilled before you get here...👹😛
I like how you think LOL

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
I bet we'll see a limited supply of Zs for quite a while. Besides the current (and likely upcoming) external parts constraints and disruptions, I don't think Nissan will be producing a lot of these vehicles. And it will be slow as molasses starting out.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall, to know the target production Nissan has set, and their line max capacity for Z output. Some folks thing if there is demand outside of the Nissan estimate, Nissan will simply make more and more, but it doesn't work that way.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Go lightning!

Matthewstorm

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Roush Supercharged Mustang GT
Occupation
Retired Military/Film Production
I'm going to go see my dealer tomorrow and see if they have any news as well. They are supposedly one of the biggest GT-R/Z sellers in the state so I HOPE they have something.
Which dealer, if I may ask?

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

Eatonian49

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 R/T Challenger, Focus SE
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
If you get anywhere with that dealer, LMK! I'm in CLT :)
So reporting back. Right now they still don't have a definitive date when they will get their first allocations but the sales rep told me they'd let me know when they start to show up.

I gave them info on what trim/colors/etc I wanted and they noted that down. They said they learn about a month in advance when things will show up so maybe in a month or two they will have more info.

I asked about ADM and they said it isn't unlikely depending on how many cars they get but if they get a good number of Zs in it should be no issue getting it at MSRP.

They also said that custom ordering a car MAY result in a small mark up if it stops production on other cars they would have got outside of custom orders. They seemed pretty sincere about it all so I'm not too concerned it's going to be like 60k for the car.

Overall, I think you guys should avoid this dealer so I have less competition when ordering one thanks.......jk haha. I think these guys will be good to go with.