Why does the Canadian performance cost 10k more then US?

Boulder2023z

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
I get that there’s the exhange difference and 50k us would normally be roughly 65k cad, but 58k is still high. I hoped they would of eaten more of the exhange rate closer to 55k. At this point I agree with what a lot of other people are saying where there’s other cars to consider at that price point

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I get that there’s the exhange difference and 50k us would normally be roughly 65k cad, but 58k is still high. I hoped they would of eaten more of the exhange rate closer to 55k. At this point I agree with what a lot of other people are saying where there’s other cars to consider at that price point
because of your dollar ….welcome to Australia’s world, where you pay the same as everyone after exchange …just be grateful you don’t have our tax system too
If anyone should be upset it’s the guys in the US, their prices after exchange are the most expensive. Yours is the cheapest.

I won’t say that anymore coz I know I’m probably annoying people but that is the simplest of reasons as to why

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Is there a Nissan plant in Canada?

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
May be that's a reason for the higher pricings, offsetting any incentives for car brands that's not made in Canada. There's a Donut Media video documented that there were US federal tax code change--increased tax-- for imports from Japan to make it competitive w/ domestic. To prevent the increase tax, companies like Toyota had to build their cars and truck in USA.