Does anybody know which wire is power for the fuel pump?

OP
OP

spicy_z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Sti, Nissan Z
Good afternoon,
That green wire there should be your power.
Thank you so much!!!
May I ask how you found out? I tried looking for wiring schematic diagrams but no luck!
My worry is I accidentally hook up the switch to the float sensor instead of the fuel pump relay

thanks again !

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Tuning/ parts installation
Fortunately we have access to Alldata.
When we were changing the fuel pump and relay, we were able to get the diagrams from there.
Here is the diagram we used for this:

Z Fuel pump connector wiring (3).jpg

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
trying to wire a kill switch for my Z by cutting power to the fuel pump

1711394710440-3j.png
Also, may we ask what you are installing the kill switch for?
If you are looking specifically for an anti-theft alternative, something similar can be tuned into the car via custom tuning. This is one of the map options we offer our customers who may be looking into theft solutions.

OP
OP

spicy_z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Sti, Nissan Z
If you are looking specifically for an anti-theft alternative, something similar can be tuned into the car via custom tuning. This is one of the map options we offer our customers who may be looking into theft solutions.
Yes this is primarily for anti-theft. Where I’m from (Ontario Canada) auto theft has become a big issue recently, so I’m trying anything to deter or delay a thief. I’d be interested in the custom tuning however I see your shop is located in the great state of Texas , hoping you have something easy to install ?

Fairlady_464r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37X
Will this cause any issues with a modern car by throwing codes or something? I have a 22 Q50 and want to do the same thing.

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Yes this is primarily for anti-theft. Where I’m from (Ontario Canada) auto theft has become a big issue recently, so I’m trying anything to deter or delay a thief. I’d be interested in the custom tuning however I see your shop is located in the great state of Texas , hoping you have something easy to install ?
Absolutely. So this isn't anything that would need installation, just a flash. We include anti-theft as one of the 4 offered maps for our custom tuning. Down here in Houston we have a lot of the same issues with theft, so we offer this as an option to our customers. This would be integrated into one of the map switching options via EcuTek. We do have quite a few customers up there with you in Canada that we work with remotely and even had a few drive all the way down here to see us!

Will this cause any issues with a modern car by throwing codes or something? I have a 22 Q50 and want to do the same thing.
If you are looking into a safer option for anti-theft, custom tuning can allow you to do essentially the same thing without having to cut up and/or wire anything- no codes!

OP
OP

spicy_z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Sti, Nissan Z
Absolutely. So this isn't anything that would need installation, just a flash. We include anti-theft as one of the 4 offered maps for our custom tuning. Down here in Houston we have a lot of the same issues with theft, so we offer this as an option to our customers. This would be integrated into one of the map switching options via EcuTek. We do have quite a few customers up there with you in Canada that we work with remotely and even had a few drive all the way down here to see us!

If you are looking into a safer option for anti-theft, custom tuning can allow you to do essentially the same thing without having to cut up and/or wire anything- no codes!
Thanks! Any implications for warranty from Nissan ? Does it void any warranty coverage

Fairlady_464r

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37X

Question: I live in Colorado, temps are usually pretty cool. The majority of gas stations only have 91 octane. Would I be ok with a tune on a bone stock cooling system? The summers aren’t usually all that hot and right now temps are consistent around 50F. I’d most likely do a remote tune as well since you guys are in Texas.

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Question: I live in Colorado, temps are usually pretty cool. The majority of gas stations only have 91 octane. Would I be ok with a tune on a bone stock cooling system? The summers aren’t usually all that hot and right now temps are consistent around 50F. I’d most likely do a remote tune as well since you guys are in Texas.
Yes, no issues tuning on a stock system. But higher charge air temps/elevation/da do result in less power. If temps are cool, heat soak isn't a big concern.

OP
OP

spicy_z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Sti, Nissan Z
Im back!
and confused

I cut the green wire and tested the switch and … the car still started?!? Is there a secondary fuel pump keeping the car going? Will driving it eventually cut fuel to the engine and stop the car? I’m at a loss here :( no idea why it didn’t kill the engine

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
There is only the single LPFP, the car will run for a few seconds from the fuel in the lines pushed through by the HPFP. Our anti-theft map cuts fuel at the injectors allowing the car to not start immediately rather than to just run dry on fuel.

OP
OP

spicy_z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru Sti, Nissan Z
There is only the single LPFP, the car will run for a few seconds from the fuel in the lines pushed through by the HPFP. Our anti-theft map cuts fuel at the injectors allowing the car to not start immediately rather than to just run dry on fuel.
it took 2 minutes with the engine running on idle but it worked! Engine stalled and died, after flipping the switch back the engine started.

I don’t like that potential thieves can drive it a short distance before it dies so I am VERY interested to kick it up a notch and cut fuel at the injectors! I sent your sales team an email at [email protected]

thank you for all your help!

Racebox

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Racebox
Threads
Reaction score
Website
goracebox.com
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
it took 2 minutes with the engine running on idle but it worked! Engine stalled and died, after flipping the switch back the engine started.

I don’t like that potential thieves can drive it a short distance before it dies so I am VERY interested to kick it up a notch and cut fuel at the injectors! I sent your sales team an email at [email protected]

thank you for all your help!
Glad we could be of help! Unfortunately, the car does have to run all of that excess fuel out of there before it can shut off. Which, in the case of a car thief these days IS sketchy! Hopefully someone has gotten back to you by now. Our response time during the work week is same day. Please let us know if you haven't received a response or require any more help!