First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
wanted to bump this thread since some here have taken delivery of their Z and are starting to modify.

please post pics and links if you have dropped yours. i wanna see all the different types and brands used.

anyone else plan to lower yours or change their mind and keep it stock

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I just wrapped up a West Coast road trip in my slightly lowered Q60. Pretty much done with having this car lowered, I was hitting several potholes a day and blew out my shocks over the course of my road trip. I was also hitting the chin spoiler and exhaust tips constantly. When you're out of town, these things sneak up on you and become really frustrating. I basically know my way around my home turf, so I know how to avoid damaging my lowered car, but when out of town, yikes..... some of the potholes felt like my airbags could've deployed! (I was in LA during the big storms, potholes hide when the road is covered by heavy rain)

Stupid me, when I lowered my car a few years ago, I threw away the OEM stuff.
As soon as I got home, I ordered $850 of new OEM springs and struts to put my car back to stock.

So, if y'all lower your Z, you may want to consider keeping the stock parts, just in case you change your mind. It took me 4 years to realize I'm getting too old for a lowered car.

Last edited:

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I just wrapped up a West Coast road trip in my slightly lowered Q60. Pretty much done with having this car lowered, I was hitting several potholes a day and blew out my shocks over the course of my road trip. I was also hitting the chin spoiler and exhaust tips constantly. When you're out of town, these things sneak up on you and become really frustrating. I basically know my way around my home turf, so I know how to avoid damaging my lowered car, but when out of town, yikes..... some of the potholes felt like my airbags could've deployed! (I was in LA during the big storms, potholes hide when the road is covered by heavy rain)

Stupid me, when I lowered my car a few years ago, I threw away the OEM stuff.
As soon as I got home, I ordered $850 of new OEM springs and struts to put my car back to stock.

So, if y'all lower your Z, you may want to consider keeping the stock parts, just in case you change your mind. It took me 4 years to realize I'm getting too old for a lowered car.
why would you just throw them out tho? could have at least sold it or just kept it as backup

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
why would you just throw them out tho? could have at least sold it or just kept it as backup
Not enough storage room. I also got rid of the stock exhaust (no regrets) and the steel caliper brakes when I upgraded to Akebonos, I had a big ol' pile of car parts to get rid of.... totally my bad, keeping the original suspension around wouldn't have taken up that much space.....but hey, at 60k miles it doesn't hurt to get all new OEM struts, shocks and springs.....kind of file that as "maintenance"

Also, the Z and Q are really easy to do suspension work on!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I ALWAYS keep my stock parts until I've gone too far to go back.

c.jizzle

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2023 Nissan Z (performance)
Should be getting all this installed in a few weeks along with my wheel set up. I'll start a build thread and post pics 👍

Screenshot_20230324-070740~2.png