What's in the news today... (NO COVID / POLITICS)

ZDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
Very interesting story about the chip shortage and the one company, TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor...), that's has a major effect on the global catastrophe. While this is going on, CCP is trying to gain control of Taiwan to be whole w/ the Mainland.

Apparently the chip wars were brewing in the last decade between China Mainland and Taiwan (and other SE Asia capitalist countries).

While in our country, Intel, AMD (Global Foundries), and TI has lost its leadership to TSMC and a Chinese chip firm. In May 2020 TSMC announced to build a 5nm "fab" mega plant in Arizona and is now under construction---the CCP do not like this one bit. In June 2021, our govt signed an PANIC/URGENT bill to invest $52B "to spur the domestic production of semiconductors" and the bill is part of the some-$10Trillion that stuck right now.

Last edited:

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Very interesting story about the chip shortage and the one company, TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor...), that's has a major effect on the global catastrophe. While this is going on, CCP is trying to gain control of Taiwan to be whole w/ the Mainland.

Apparently the chip wars were brewing in the last decade between China Mainland and Taiwan (and other SE Asia capitalist countries).

While in our country, Intel, AMD (Global Foundries), and TI has lost its leadership to TSMC and a Chinese chip firm. In May 2020 TSMC announced to build a 5nm "fab" mega plant in Arizona and is now under construction---the CCP do not like this one bit. In June 2021, our govt signed an PANIC/URGENT bill to invest $52B "to spur the domestic production of semiconductors" and the bill is part of the some-$10Trillion that stuck right now.
I keep hearing people lamenting the production issues, hoping for things to come back to normal.

However, the Taiwan-China conflict is the next serious issue, and it'll be far worse than the pandemic, which is also the CCP's doing.

Xi JinPing is determined to be the guy to conquer Taiwan, and he's not getting any younger. The CCP has been using COVID as a means to isolate it's citizens, deepen the xenophobic propaganda and rattle the sabers of war amongst the population.

No matter how conflict goes with Taiwan, be it quick surrender, a regional war or worse, Japan getting involved and causing the US to have no choice but get involved.... All manufacturing will come to a halt, for a long time.

China has been pulling levers on domestic consumption (Australian coal, for example) cutting back key exports (magnesium for example) and released a virus into the world...all to stress Western nations.

Nobody wants to believe it, but it's coming. I've spent a lot of time in China, used to live there and have in-laws there now. China has been preparing to take Taiwan for over 70 years, and the time is fast approaching.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Probably, afaik the law doesn't provide immunity just because there's an on-set gun handling crew and protocol.

Obviously, he didn't intend to shoot anyone, but negligence will likely come into play.
Myself, as a gun owner, I know that anytime I handle a firearm I must always be sure about what's going on.
Just because there's an employee who's job is to provide firearm safety and support doesn't mean the actor can be ignorant about gun safety.
Personally, even if I was in his situation, I'd be checking a firearm anytime it was handed to me.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
Probably, afaik the law doesn't provide immunity just because there's an on-set gun handling crew and protocol.

Obviously, he didn't intend to shoot anyone, but negligence will likely come into play.
Myself, as a gun owner, I know that anytime I handle a firearm I must always be sure about what's going on.
Just because there's an employee who's job is to provide firearm safety and support doesn't mean the actor can be ignorant about gun safety.
Personally, even if I was in his situation, I'd be checking a firearm anytime it was handed to me.
One other item to consider is he isn't just an actor, he is a producer. Alec Baldwin the actor accidentally shot someone. This was a terrible accident, but an accident nonetheless.

Yes he should have checked the gun himself, but someone unfamiliar with firearms may not have known what to look for. In normal cases, when someone is handing you a gun, you are checking to make sure it is unloaded. In this instance, you are asking someone who isn't a trained professional to distinguish live rounds from blanks.

Alec Baldwin the producer is another animal entirely. It has been reported there were previous accidental discharges on the set. If nothing was done to address safety after these issues, then this opens up the people in charge to potential criminal charges in addition to civil liability.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
One other item to consider is he isn't just an actor, he is a producer. Alec Baldwin the actor accidentally shot someone. This was a terrible accident, but an accident nonetheless.

Yes he should have checked the gun himself, but someone unfamiliar with firearms may not have known what to look for. In normal cases, when someone is handing you a gun, you are checking to make sure it is unloaded. In this instance, you are asking someone who isn't a trained professional to distinguish live rounds from blanks.

Alec Baldwin the producer is another animal entirely. It has been reported there were previous accidental discharges on the set. If nothing was done to address safety after these issues, then this opens up the people in charge to potential criminal charges in addition to civil liability.
I heard a few gripes from cast members saying this was partly due to him (Baldwin) hiring less-skilled help, basically to be cheap.
I am not sure if virtue-signalling or cronyism was involved either......
But with safety critical items, you can't cheap out.
Cheap out on the catering!

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I can't like this post enough.