What will stop you from owning the new Z?

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Only if I end up getting a Challenger first this summer.
which trim are you looking at?

I'm dead set it on it. Def not New, as markups will be there plus the wait times due to chip shortage could mean we'll see deliveries in Summer versus Spring. I'll just for lightly used/CPO unless my then-wife wants New, then i'll get new :)
forgot about the chip shortage....
dealers will prob get limited numbers and use that as an excuse to keep them at msrp or mark them up.
there are people who will be willing to pay to be "first"

If I HAVE to sell my RB 240Z :confused:
i think you would really hate yourself if you did that.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
The only thing that could possibly stop me (and I hope I'm not jinxing myself) is if my Impala which currently has 165K miles gives up the ghost before the Z goes on sale.

Well that, and if there are crazy dealer markups. I refuse to pay over MSRP.
in that case id buy a beater....sell it when you get the z for part of the down payment.
or you could alway lease for a year.

the crazy dealer mark-ups are one thing, but we don't have an "offical" nissan price guide.
if the base ends up being 40k (which wll be around $43-44 usd w/ ttl) i may be out.
that would put me close to 2022 sti numbers and i would rather get that....or get a lower trim wrx for $30k

Bobcat

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
nurse
which trim are you looking at?
I was originally thinking a loaded scat pack with dyanamics, AS and brass monkey wheels or a shaker. But now I'm trying to decide between the 1320 and widebody. I almost ordered the 1320 in Sinamon stick last week, but when I saw an F8 WB with the carbon wheels and red brembos, I almost went with that. IDK, I mean the WB has more bling, better handling and I can get the caramel seats, but the 1320 is a better bang-for-the-buck as it is about 4k less the way I have them optioned, its the fastest (of the Scat Packs) and rarest trim, but you can only get it with black seats and I would have to get an extra set of wheels and tires for DD compared to the WB. But if I went with the WB, I would be paranoid about going thru car washes and some tight areas like fast food drive ups or even bank drive ups and such.

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
can you copy & paste story here? when i go to the link it says....
same article posted here, without paywall - https://www.onlineev.com/nissan-ceo-makoto-uchida-sees-rebound-starting-next-year/

(note it was published August 2020)

YOKOHAMA, Japan — Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida, combating to reboot the carmaker because it braces for its biggest-ever working annual loss, expects enterprise to begin rebounding within the new yr.

Earnings ought to present a turnaround within the January-March interval, or the fourth quarter of the present fiscal yr, Uchida stated. That comes too late to forestall a second straight yr of crimson ink, however the rebound will ship momentum for a return to profitability within the fiscal yr ending March 31, 2022.

Talking in an interview for Automotive Information’ Day by day Drive Podcast, Uchida stated Nissan Motor Co. is on observe to attain an working revenue margin of two p.c that fiscal yr.

A lingering wild card is the COVID-19 pandemic, which makes a comeback at Japan’s second-largest carmaker much more tough. Its outlook would not account for a second wave of infections.

“We anticipate to begin to get well by This autumn,” Uchida stated. “That’s the assumption we’re . However in fact, we do not know if a second wave will come. There’s lots of uncertainty we see in entrance of us.”

Nissan plunged to a world working lack of ÂĄ153.9 billion ($1.45 billion) within the fiscal first quarter ended June 30 as income fell by half. Earnings had been hammered by $738.1 million in particular fees from the pandemic and restructuring beneath its up to date marketing strategy, Nissan Subsequent.

Nissan is closing crops, realigning manufacturing and trimming fashions in an effort to chop $2.82 billion in mounted prices to bolster the underside line. The plan banks on new merchandise, such because the Sentra sedan and Rogue crossover, to extend web income per automobile.

Uchida stated Nissan is scrutinizing its North American operations to spice up effectivity and lower mounted prices, although he declined to disclose specifics. “We have now lots of issues we have to evaluate,” he stated. “There are numerous areas we are able to nonetheless optimize. That’s what I am asking my workforce to give attention to.”

When the Nissan Subsequent marketing strategy wraps up within the fiscal yr ending March 31, 2024, Uchida needs Nissan’s core working revenue margin to exceed 5 p.c. Nissan is already creating a brand new marketing strategy for the post-Nissan Subsequent period, Uchida stated. That plan will give attention to progress.

Uchida needs to attain profitability by way of “high quality of gross sales” — that means higher-value transactions that do not depend on discounting or fleet quantity. Nissan tried the same technique beneath Uchida’s predecessor, Hiroto Saikawa, however with lackluster outcomes — gross sales plunged with out the spiffs.

However Uchida says the dynamic is completely different this time, because of an inflow of recent product.

“The standard of gross sales course was set even earlier than my time,” he stated. “However in fact, you will be unable to alter in three months, six months, one yr. … The product is among the pillars.”

The brand new Ariya all-electric crossover, due within the U.S. in late 2021, epitomizes the brand new product push, Uchida stated. The Rogue-size EV guarantees a variety as much as 300 miles, presents a newly developed all-wheel-drive electrical powertrain and sports activities an upscale, trendy inside.

Nissan unveiled the automotive in July — lengthy forward of its U.S. launch — to telegraph the automobile’s added worth and new applied sciences to a buyer base extra accustomed to Nissan as a cut price model.

“We need to make sure that the worth of our Nissan EV, or beyond-EV, I’d say, shall be correctly acknowledged by our prospects,” Uchida stated of the Ariya, which can begin round $40,000.

“We wish the client to really feel, to know and be keen to spend for our price.”
— to www.autonews.com

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
same article posted here, without paywall - https://www.onlineev.com/nissan-ceo-makoto-uchida-sees-rebound-starting-next-year/

(note it was published August 2020)

YOKOHAMA, Japan — Nissan CEO Makoto Uchida, combating to reboot the carmaker because it braces for its biggest-ever working annual loss, expects enterprise to begin rebounding within the new yr.

Earnings ought to present a turnaround within the January-March interval, or the fourth quarter of the present fiscal yr, Uchida stated. That comes too late to forestall a second straight yr of crimson ink, however the rebound will ship momentum for a return to profitability within the fiscal yr ending March 31, 2022.

Talking in an interview for Automotive Information’ Day by day Drive Podcast, Uchida stated Nissan Motor Co. is on observe to attain an working revenue margin of two p.c that fiscal yr.

A lingering wild card is the COVID-19 pandemic, which makes a comeback at Japan’s second-largest carmaker much more tough. Its outlook would not account for a second wave of infections.

“We anticipate to begin to get well by This autumn,” Uchida stated. “That’s the assumption we’re . However in fact, we do not know if a second wave will come. There’s lots of uncertainty we see in entrance of us.”

Nissan plunged to a world working lack of ÂĄ153.9 billion ($1.45 billion) within the fiscal first quarter ended June 30 as income fell by half. Earnings had been hammered by $738.1 million in particular fees from the pandemic and restructuring beneath its up to date marketing strategy, Nissan Subsequent.

Nissan is closing crops, realigning manufacturing and trimming fashions in an effort to chop $2.82 billion in mounted prices to bolster the underside line. The plan banks on new merchandise, such because the Sentra sedan and Rogue crossover, to extend web income per automobile.

Uchida stated Nissan is scrutinizing its North American operations to spice up effectivity and lower mounted prices, although he declined to disclose specifics. “We have now lots of issues we have to evaluate,” he stated. “There are numerous areas we are able to nonetheless optimize. That’s what I am asking my workforce to give attention to.”

When the Nissan Subsequent marketing strategy wraps up within the fiscal yr ending March 31, 2024, Uchida needs Nissan’s core working revenue margin to exceed 5 p.c. Nissan is already creating a brand new marketing strategy for the post-Nissan Subsequent period, Uchida stated. That plan will give attention to progress.

Uchida needs to attain profitability by way of “high quality of gross sales” — that means higher-value transactions that do not depend on discounting or fleet quantity. Nissan tried the same technique beneath Uchida’s predecessor, Hiroto Saikawa, however with lackluster outcomes — gross sales plunged with out the spiffs.

However Uchida says the dynamic is completely different this time, because of an inflow of recent product.

“The standard of gross sales course was set even earlier than my time,” he stated. “However in fact, you will be unable to alter in three months, six months, one yr. … The product is among the pillars.”

The brand new Ariya all-electric crossover, due within the U.S. in late 2021, epitomizes the brand new product push, Uchida stated. The Rogue-size EV guarantees a variety as much as 300 miles, presents a newly developed all-wheel-drive electrical powertrain and sports activities an upscale, trendy inside.

Nissan unveiled the automotive in July — lengthy forward of its U.S. launch — to telegraph the automobile’s added worth and new applied sciences to a buyer base extra accustomed to Nissan as a cut price model.

“We need to make sure that the worth of our Nissan EV, or beyond-EV, I’d say, shall be correctly acknowledged by our prospects,” Uchida stated of the Ariya, which can begin round $40,000.

“We wish the client to really feel, to know and be keen to spend for our price.”
— to www.autonews.com
That’s almost a year old….their last quarter wasn’t as bad as they expected, and they plan to break even 2022, no doubt the Z will help
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/nissan-posts-record-loss-expects-to-break-even-in-2022

OP
OP
jdm-rhd

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
seems like its taking forever for the z to roll out....its got me second guessing things.
i think back to the 1st year model vehicles ive bought and it scares me lol.
id love to get one as soon as it comes out, but im afraid of the mark-ups.

then im not sure i can wait for the excitement to die down because of the extended chip shortage/covid issues.
and who knows what issuse may arise. im needing something pretty quick. anyone else?

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
seems like its taking forever for the z to roll out....its got me second guessing things.
i think back to the 1st year model vehicles ive bought and it scares me lol.
id love to get one as soon as it comes out, but im afraid of the mark-ups.

then im not sure i can wait for the excitement to die down because of the extended chip shortage/covid issues.
and who knows what issuse may arise. im needing something pretty quick. anyone else?
There should not be a markup at all on this car. It’s a mass production car.. do y’all think there is gonna be a markup on the new 86/brz? Didn’t think so.

As far as the first Production year goes, it seems this is pretty much a z34 with the VR motor. The 370 was in production long enoughto identify any issues and it seems that Infiniti has worked out the early problems with the VR30 platform.

Maybe I’m naive, but I’m very hopeful!

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
That’s almost a year old….their last quarter wasn’t as bad as they expected, and they plan to break even 2022, no doubt the Z will help
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/nissan-posts-record-loss-expects-to-break-even-in-2022
I realize, and said as much when I posted it - was just trying to help him get around the paywall

Regardless, promising to see improvements for them on bottom line via the link you shared

There should not be a markup at all on this car. It’s a mass production car.. do y’all think there is gonna be a markup on the new 86/brz? Didn’t think so.

As far as the first Production year goes, it seems this is pretty much a z34 with the VR motor. The 370 was in production long enoughto identify any issues and it seems that Infiniti has worked out the early problems with the VR30 platform.

Maybe I’m naive, but I’m very hopeful!
I'm right there with you. Doesn't surprise me to see it on C8's, etc. for example - it's a complete redesign, and it's a different audience. But this? Nah.