What is your maximum 'willingness to pay'?

Do you think I over paid?

• Total voters

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo
I see more C8's than Supra's where I live šŸ¤£. I've heard from people saying that the C8 is more like a men's car unlike the Supra is like a high school boy's car.
Kinda agree with that. Gonna drive my C8 on manly days and Z proto on school boy ā€¦pot smokingā€¦chic picking up days. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ kidding aside they should feel and drive very differently.

Twizzty

First Name
Bones
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Here is the email I received back this morning about the Proto on their website with good and bad news.

"My name is Erick here at Universal Nissan. We are actually expecting to receive one some time tomorrow that's for sale. The market adjustment on it is $50K. When are you able to come in to take a look at it?"

So it looks like I'll get to see one tomorrow maybe and it's available for sale but that ADM is stupid crazy!

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Here is the email I received back this morning about the Proto on their website with good and bad news.

"My name is Erick here at Universal Nissan. We are actually expecting to receive one some time tomorrow that's for sale. The market adjustment on it is $50K. When are you able to come in to take a look at it?"

So it looks like I'll get to see one tomorrow maybe and it's available for sale but that ADM is stupid crazy!
You should submit this to jalopniks article and see if you can get leverage from the GM of this store similarly to how that person did.

https://jalopnik.com/that-50-000-nissan-z-markup-isnt-quite-what-it-seems-1849396882/amp

Cmtremor

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 6.7 ram 2500, S14 silvia, 1uz 84" celica
Occupation
millwright
personally I do not even want to pay msrp for this. the price is beyond what a nissan is worth. I bought a 2017 titan xd cummins pro4x and bought into the new updated interior the brand was going for and the quality was absolutely garbage.

I was laughed at about hoping for a proto and I placed deposit first day of opening so ill be willing to spend 50k max on the performance spec blue/blue or will be pulling my deposit and going with something else... if you have owned a new nissan recently I am sure you can agree a small increase in price on another car is worth dealing with competent dealers.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

There is a Facebook page called ā€œThe New Nissan Zā€
They have been reporting such mark ups ā€¦it created such bad publicity that the dealer did a back flip and pretended it was a mistake in communications.
Should get on it, name and shame.
The more that do it, the more some will be forced to back track

Twizzty

First Name
Bones
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
You should submit this to jalopniks article and see if you can get leverage from the GM of this store similarly to how that person did.

https://jalopnik.com/that-50-000-nissan-z-markup-isnt-quite-what-it-seems-1849396882/amp
There is a Facebook page called ā€œThe New Nissan Zā€
They have been reporting such mark ups ā€¦it created such bad publicity that the dealer did a back flip and pretended it was a mistake in communications.
Should get on it, name and shame.
The more that do it, the more some will be forced to back track
I received the call from Nissan USA shortly after speaking to a couple of local dealers and gave the representative the dealers, names, ADM's from each. Told them how disappointed I was in how this was going and they seemed to be empathetic on the phone...who knows though. I just went to that fb page and it's already there, posted 2 hours ago Universal @ 50k ADM and they get the car on the 12th so maybe that's legit and I'll see it tomorrow.

So far in Central Florida it's Universal Nissan @ 50k ADM, Reed Nissan @ 20k ADM, Sutherlin Nissan @ 5-10k ADM. This is on the Proto specifically. Sutherlin was the best, said they'll get me what I'm looking for at MSRP but it's going to be a while and that's fine with me.

Last edited:

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6
Honestly, I don't see the new Z will be as hot as the C8 (which is still hard to get after 2-3 yrs).
Within a year, it will go down to MSRP, and further down from there.

I am not sure why Nissan still has part shortage issue.
I see 50+ CX5s at my nearby Mazda dealer. There were only 2 a few months ago.
Apparently, Mazda has some tricks Nissan needs to learn from.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx

Ask them if it comes with a new Titan XD in a combo deal for that price

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I stopped by Brandon (FL) Nissan today. Was told one Pronto coming in tomorrow that's already sold with a good ADM (slight smile given).

The rest of the cars will be Sept-Oct and will be sold at "normal pricing". I looked at their new inventory online and saw below MSRP on almost everything, but the Z might be 2-3k over (stated when pressed on ADM).

I've had nothing but great service and communication with them except when Service told me they didn't have anyone to work on my Z32 any longer.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
I received the call from Nissan USA shortly after speaking to a couple of local dealers and gave the representative the dealers, names, ADM's from each. Told them how disappointed I was in how this was going and they seemed to be empathetic on the phone...who knows though. I just went to that fb page and it's already there, posted 2 hours ago Universal @ 50k ADM and they get the car on the 12th so maybe that's legit and I'll see it tomorrow.

So far in Central Florida it's Universal Nissan @ 50k ADM, Reed Nissan @ 20k ADM, Sutherlin Nissan @ 5-10k ADM. This is on the Proto specifically. Sutherlin was the best, said they'll get me what I'm looking for at MSRP but it's going to be a while and that's fine with me.
I don't know if its the same dealer group, but Sutherlin in Buford, GA hosed my wife and I previously. I'll wait an eternity before I buy anything from them again!

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
I stopped by Brandon (FL) Nissan today. Was told one Pronto coming in tomorrow that's already sold with a good ADM (slight smile given).

The rest of the cars will be Sept-Oct and will be sold at "normal pricing". I looked at their new inventory online and saw below MSRP on almost everything, but the Z might be 2-3k over (stated when pressed on ADM).

I've had nothing but great service and communication with them except when Service told me they didn't have anyone to work on my Z32 any longer.
I forgot... sales manager stated allotments are based on Z and GTR sales since 2017.

tgibson37

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z400 Proto Spec (Order), Range Rover, E55 AMG
Occupation
Marketing Manager for Highline-Autos.com
I just got a text from the Tempe Nissan dealer, after roping me along for months now...

"My supervisor just got back to me. It looks like the MSRP is $54,915 on the proto spec. The market adjustment will be 25k. let me know if you're interested this Proto Spec"

Haha they are out of their minds...