What is the situation with 0-60?

COOL Z

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
It seems very Shakespearean to say " Dance Partner " and nothing to see here with respect to zero to sixty in the media I have seen. Is this some sort of preparation for bad numbers? An underrated engine? I don't understand why ANYONE in authority with Nissan would even bring it up at all unless there is something there? Fie wicked spot. The lady doth protest to much. Please ease my fear. This car seems like about my only interest right now. I am a former Mazdaspeed 3 owner. Currently own a 2019 Si coupe. Thanks. CZ

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
i think they held off saying because they are targeting the zupr4.

its probably not as quick even though it's more powerful. my guess was they were shaving some weight and fine tuning the engine to get close.

i'm sure nissan would love to brag it's faster, but even if it's a few tenths slower, the z at $37-40k is still a bargain over the zupr4...not to mention it looks way better.

Last edited:

Vilithrax

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C8
It’s sketchy how long they’ve been putting off real performance numbers. Very strange from a sports car

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Didn't someone say 4.2 seconds?
i think that was the guestimate factoring in the 400 hp and the weight being heavier than the 370z.

also there were the stats posted on the videogame 'project cars 3'

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
It’s sketchy how long they’ve been putting off real performance numbers. Very strange from a sports car
agreed...strange indeed.

not knowing the exact weight either coupled with no zero to 60 times, as i've mentioned makes me think they are still ironing things out.

of coarse it could already be a zupr4 killer and they are saving it for the big reveal.

some of you guys may be on pins and needles waiting on the z, but believe me, it's nothing compared to the 4 years toyota spent teasing the zupr4 only for things to end in massive disappointment...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
What's the 0-60?
Way less than Tesla Model S Plaid or even a RAM TRX. Or a Rivian, Lucid Air, Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor, Hummer EV, Ford Lightning....

Where I live, it'll be a chore getting 400HP to the ground without wheelspin. Most AWD cars will beat the new Z when our weather has turned.

So, I guess I mean I am more in it for the appeal and nostalgia of the Z, not the stats. Y'all can dick-wag all you want about 0-60, the aforementioned EVs and specialty trucks will smack it down so hard...

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
I would hardly think the term dance partner has anything to do with zero to sixty times..
But I’m guessing 4.0 for auto 4.4 for manual? Doesn’t really matter. Go awd or electric if you want crazy 0-60

OP
OP

COOL Z

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Si
Thanks folks. Not to get off topic but exactly why is the Supra not well received? We are all new once. Right? Looking forward to learning a lot and will certainly use the search button!

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
Thanks folks. Not to get off topic but exactly why is the Supra not well received? We are all new once. Right? Looking forward to learning a lot and will certainly use the search button!
Mainly because it isn’t a true Toyota built successor.. and it’s looks are debatable. I personally love it. It’s an amazing car in its own right. If they would have named it anything other than Supra people would fully embrace it, in my opinion.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
it's mainly not loved by most supra owners/enthusiast because it is built by bmw.
here ya go...

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/why-do-people-hate-the-new-mkv-a90-toyota-supra-so-much.1115509/

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/what-can-toyota-do-to-win-you-back-with-the-gr-supra.1115275/

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/what’s-the-problem-with-mk5.1117475/

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
Personally speaking I was really excited for the Supra but once the final product came out the looks didn't appeal to me. A couple of my buddies didnt pick it up for that reason as well. Looks are subjective though so to each there own. As far as performance I am expecting the new Z to be 4.0 flat or maybe a tad under depending on how fat the driver is, lol. The Q60 does it in 4.5 and is alot heavier and has an older transmission.

Dentist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z
Occupation
Dentist
Personally speaking I was really excited for the Supra but once the final product came out the looks didn't appeal to me. A couple of my buddies didnt pick it up for that reason as well. Looks are subjective though so to each there own. As far as performance I am expecting the new Z to be 4.0 flat or maybe a tad under depending on how fat the driver is, lol. The Q60 does it in 4.5 and is alot heavier and has an older transmission.
Same here. Was excited but the look of it doesn't appeal to me. Will be getting the new Z as long as they make a Nismo version.

Numbersguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G37
Occupation
IT
I didn't get it because it is not visually appealing to my eyes.