First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
CNC Machinist
A displacement change? Very surprising if accurate. Changes I know off are all turbo related.
I'm not sure if the Q60 version is rated for e85 from the factory, but apparently from what I've seen the Z is. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the change if it doesn't require different heads and maybe even pistons.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
that's what i'm hoping for, they are saying 400hp and its really 415-420hp...or just enough to edge out the "zed word" lol.

can't wait to see people start dynoing them...

NissanFreak2021

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37
Occupation
Accountant
The Q60 has has been dynoed and it has more horsepower than stated so the Z will be the same.

OP
OP
2JZ-No-Sh*t

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
A displacement change? Very surprising if accurate. Changes I know off are all turbo related.
You would think it's accurate considering one came from the Nissan press release and the other from the Infiniti site. Unless someone made a typo lol.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Sorry if I'm going off topic, but the guys over on our sister forum said this motor was a pain to work on and that it takes a ton of $$$ to make power.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/all-new-2023-nissan-z-makes-world-debut.10467/page-17
I'll just say that some of the comments on that page give me a headache to even read. I'd be more interested in hearing from someone who has extensive knowledge of the VR30 as well as a true twin turbo BMW engine like the N54 or S55 to further understand what "pain to work on" for this engine means, but perhaps some of them do.

I'm not sure what all a VR30 takes to make extra power, but can speak from experience that you get spoiled pretty quickly flashing a car from your phone for $300 or maybe a little more for the B58. I won't be too concerned with making gobs of extra power on a brand new car under warranty anyway. I have a separate car for that which is good for 600-700 hp+ on stock internals. Oh, it's also open deck :rolleyes:

SS727Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SS
You can make a ton of power very easily! If we’re talking 6, 7, or 800 horsepower then yea it may be more difficult than the b58.

Once we get past bolt ons and tuning.. aftermarket turbos are super easy to swap on the Supra compared to the Q60. At least that’s my understanding. So maybe that’s what they’re referring to?

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
You can make a ton of power very easily! If we’re talking 6, 7, or 800 horsepower then yea it may be more difficult than the b58.

Once we get past bolt ons and tuning.. aftermarket turbos are super easy to swap on the Supra compared to the Q60. At least that’s my understanding. So maybe that’s what they’re referring to?
Yes, I can see that as the B58 has a single turbo which I'm assuming can be swapped out from the engine bay. Maybe the VR30 is a PITA to work on, but I wouldn't base it solely on having to swap turbos out from the bottom, when I'm sure many people will do the work on their new Z themselves and not once touch the turbos during ownership.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
To add.....

-VR30 6MT has an added recirc valve that the VR30 AT doesn't have.

-You'll be able to mod the VR30 with bolt-ons and a tune utilizing stock turbos well past what you can put down effectively with RWD and most all DOT tires.

I personally feel the BMW RWD cars like Supra can handle more RWD power better than the Z34 chassis will be able to. I've seen what happens when you boost a 370Z or G37 RWD over 500whp, they become a real handful in GOOD weather in the first 3 gears. We'll have to see how the chassis dynamics are for the updated Z34 chassis in the new Z, however I can see quite a few new Z's getting wadded up even with bolt-ons and tunes.