DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
^ Same old problem with colour variations here: love the bluish looking gunmetal shown in the driving video, hate the brown-tinged grey colour seen on the lift car. If I knew for certain the bluish tint was correct it would be my first choice, but I'd never risk it without seeing it in person outside.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Looks different because of the location and lighting sources. It's the same color gun metallic that the GT-R has, so if you've seen one of them in person you'll know what this color looks like.

OP
OP
Andaesthetics

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
^ Same old problem with colour variations here: love the bluish looking gunmetal shown in the driving video, hate the brown-tinged grey colour seen on the lift car. If I knew for certain the bluish tint was correct it would be my first choice, but I'd never risk it without seeing it in person outside.
Looks different because of the location and lighting sources. It's the same color gun metallic that the GT-R has, so if you've seen one of them in person you'll know what this color looks like.
What bboy said. It's the same exact car it's just the lighting causes the metallic flakes to change color. Lighting in a warehouse vs natural sunlight will dramatically change the color of a car. And not only that, but colors aren't always picked up properly on camera/pictures. They always look different in person as well, probably even better.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Thanks, will keep my eyes open, very very few GT-Rs around here though, this is BMW- and Audi-land. Some GT-R photos and videos should help.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
What bboy said. It's the same exact car it's just the lighting causes the metallic flakes to change color. Lighting in a warehouse vs natural sunlight will dramatically change the color of a car. And not only that, but colors aren't always picked up properly on camera/pictures. They always look different in person as well, probably even better.
So when you've seen this paint outdoors in sun and shade does it have that blueish tint? I'm guessing this is realistic - halfway between the video colours:

IMG_20055-large.jpg

And here is a bluer image, more my preference:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
So when you've seen this paint outdoors in sun and shade does it have that blueish tint? I don't really care what it looks like under fluorescent lighting.
The blueish tint is likely because the sky color is reflecting off the paint.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Mail Carrier
Thanks, will keep my eyes open, very very few GT-Rs around here though, this is BMW- and Audi-land. Some GT-R photos and videos should help.
Google gun metallic GT-R. Pictures and videos galore.