Toyota patents EV Compact Cruiser

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Nissan is transitioning to the blind spot lights going on the mirrors. My Titan's are that way as well as the wife's 23 QX60. Her 2020 QX80 had them inside.

On one hand, it makes sense because you should be checking your side mirror, and you should see an alert where you're looking. I see your argument for glare, however, my only experience with the alerts in the mirror were on vehicles equipped with the auto-dimming side mirrors. My truck does a pretty solid job of dimming my side mirrors when there's bad glare and I haven't experienced any trouble seeing the indicator. I also have tow mirrors, and that's probably my favorite thing is that extra wide-angle bar mirror on the bottom that gives me an excellent view of anything alongside me.
My wife likes the BSM in the mirrors of her Toyota.
I think it's just the way I have them adjusted, it's not my car and I don't spend much effort adjusting the mirrors, so I think I'm getting excessive glare.

I still think the interior ones, that mount at the area of the mirror base are better.
And, in our Toyota, I wish they could be set to make a sound....

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
My wife likes the BSM in the mirrors of her Toyota.
I think it's just the way I have them adjusted, it's not my car and I don't spend much effort adjusting the mirrors, so I think I'm getting excessive glare.

I still think the interior ones, that mount at the area of the mirror base are better.
And, in our Toyota, I wish they could be set to make a sound....
My wife's Rogue has them in the mirrors. I've never had any glare issues when I drive it. There's also an audible alert if someone is there when I use the blinker.