Toyota GR Corolla

Thisguy298

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GTI
$3k isn't bad but why they lyin?! 🤣

1671122758512.png

Allocations for the SET region seem like a shit show right now. I'm out of garage space for another car anyway so I'll prob just keep waiting for my spot to come up.
you have a '22 VN? how do you like it? looking at a few right now, gonna test drive one in a few weeks

OP
OP
Haste

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
you have a '22 VN? how do you like it? looking at a few right now, gonna test drive one in a few weeks
Love it. Haven't even put 3k miles on it yet but so far so good. It was a little hard to get on board with it being a Hyundai but once you look past that it really is such a great car. Overachiever, blast to drive, awesome seats, sounds amazing in the right mode for a 4 cyl, and has just enough practicality sprinkled in. Probably my favorite car that I've owned for how it comes from the factory. The only thing I'm not really a fan of are the bi-colored wheels. That's an easy fix though and there's really nothing else about it that makes me feel rushed to start modifying it.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
Fucking beautiful!

Shoot, I should try to buy the one near me, I've bought new Toyotas from that dealership recently....
I know of at least 3 new GR Corollas hitting WA state in the next few weeks.

-RJM

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Local dealer just emailed me, 15k markup - which sucks, because it's a perfect setup (White w/ Cold Weather, Performance, Tech Packages). Just shy of 55k before taxes and all that fun stuff.

BraveDemon

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Toyota Supra; 19 Audi TT-RS; 15 GLA45 AMG
Local dealer just emailed me, 15k markup - which sucks, because it's a perfect setup (White w/ Cold Weather, Performance, Tech Packages). Just shy of 55k before taxes and all that fun stuff.
I hate that ADM is the norm now. So basically $60k OTD? That’s what I paid for my Supra last year in January.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I hate that ADM is the norm now. So basically $60k OTD? That’s what I paid for my Supra last year in January.
Yep! It's insane. However, doesn't appear to have been sold yet - the dealer said it's still being built and could be a few months out. Wonder if anyone bites. I'm gonna try to see it once it arrives regardless.

In other news, just saw what I think is the first GRC commercial (where it's the only car featured, versus the GR trio) during the NFL game. Toyota going full court press on advertising, not that the car needs it.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...-vs-toyota-gr-corolla-comparison-test-review/

Hmmm, neither the GRC nor the CTR is really "fast". They only trap 100 and 104 respectively.

Good to know, because that metric right there cools my heels considerably. Great cars, but I'm not going to pay above MSRP for something that shines on the track but is has less power and straight line speed than my current car.

For me, a GRC at MSRP or less, with it's AWD and uniqueness would make me bite. The CTR just couldn't get the power down 6 months of the year here where I live.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
after a bit of reading, it seems the grc's are going for a minimum of $9k-$15k over msrp...

NecioVato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370z Nismo 6MT
Occupation
web developer
after a bit of reading, it seems the grc's are going for a minimum of $9k-$15k over msrp...
It seems to be about the same for the new CTR. With rising Interest rates, no more free money, lower trade in values and already a high MSRP - I believe most are getting their cars for about 8-10k over. Regardless I’m willing to wait it out for all these enthusiast cars; wait to see what and how they perform with mods and stuff.
Right now with FK8 CTRs still going for over MSRP used - not sure when this market will start to stabilize etc.